Blood Enterprises???

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Does anyone know anything about these guys, good or bad? They ate loacated in Auburn and I have been looking for alternative/ backup tuners to TMS. Im just not 100% convinced with TMS's tuners capability/experience. I heard Blood Enterprrises has a dyno and they use SCT software so thats a good start at least. Anyone ever been tuned there or know anybody who has? I am putting a 2.9L whipple on my car with a return style fuel sytem and I just want the best tuner I can get to dial this thing in. Any info would be greatly appriciated.

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
Everything I have *HEARD* has not been particularly good. But like any business I imagine they have their ups and downs.

cl0wnd0wn

4V FTW!
Established Member
bloods is the only tuner Brads custom auto will recommend. In my opinion that means something. James
(bloods tuner) hangs out at Brads alot and seems to Know mustangs very well. He tuned my buddys 02 gt that has stage 3 cams and a TVS blower. That's defiantly not a common build and from what I hear cams are hard to tune correctly and his car Idles just fine.

Im going with him to tune my 2.9L crusher build. Should be ready in a month or two. From what you told me over pm you probley will still be working on yours so ill let you know how he does.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
bloods is the only tuner Brads custom auto will recommend. In my opinion that means something. James
(bloods tuner) hangs out at Brads alot and seems to Know mustangs very well. He tuned my buddys 02 gt that has stage 3 cams and a TVS blower. That's defiantly not a common build and from what I hear cams are hard to tune correctly and his car Idles just fine.

Im going with him to tune my 2.9L crusher build. Should be ready in a month or two. From what you told me over pm you probley will still be working on yours so ill let you know how he does.

Yeah id love to have some feedback on how his tuning ability is, that would be great. Id loke to know what he charges too. TMS charges $400 for a custom tune which is for 4 hours tuning time and then $90/ hr after that if they dont have it dialed in at that time. I also have a lead on another guy that im going to talk to and his name is Eric and he owns Erics Automotive in Enumclaw. He has a dyno and supposedly he his personal ride is a Magnusson charged TBSS making 600 AWHP and ive heard he has tuned a few turbo LSX cars too but it sounds like he primarily does GM stuff so I dont know if he knows about mustangs. I heard he is real anal and thurough and my buddy told me he cuts spark plugs in half just to see exactly whats going on with the motor lol!

BTW I just secured a garage to do the install on my car today so I should be getting started on it within the next couple weeks but Im still planing on taking my sweet ass time to make sure everything goes the way its supposed to and not done half ass.

Last edited:

T800

Established Member
Dropping my rig there this Thursday. Have a MAJOR vibration issue and will see how they handle that before I decide to let them do any tuning.

Sucks not having a "go to" shop for these cars. I would stick with Bama for my tuning, cept they won't do nitrous tunes.

T800

Established Member
Ok...fixed my vibration problem a few days ago(tires). But have had some issues at WOT that have been bugging me so I kept my appointment with Blood this morning.

When I got there at 8:30, they were sweeping up what was left of their front door. Apparently someone had thrown a brick through it. I asked if anything had been stolen or if any other businesses had been vandalized. They said no. Cops had asked if they had any disgruntled customers lately...

Not the best start. :uh oh:

cl0wnd0wn

4V FTW!
Established Member
Ok...fixed my vibration problem a few days ago(tires). But have had some issues at WOT that have been bugging me so I kept my appointment with Blood this morning.

When I got there at 8:30, they were sweeping up what was left of their front door. Apparently someone had thrown a brick through it. I asked if anything had been stolen or if any other businesses had been vandalized. They said no. Cops had asked if they had any disgruntled customers lately...

Not the best start. :uh oh:

ah I see one of those guys.. Remind me to never do business with you.

T800

Established Member
ah I see one of those guys.. Remind me to never do business with you.

I don't think there is any chance of that.

Look if anybody has an issue with my experience, pm me. Its what went down exactly how it went down. I'm not insinuating anything. That was the scene when I showed up and that was the conversation that was had.

Continuing on...

I just returned from the shop and $394 later I have two shiny new coils. Parts were $123. Labor was $234. I received a call from Mark at 11:30 this morning, was told that 2 coils are testing as weak and that he had 2 new ones on the way...that they should be there in the next 30min.

At 3:10 I called Mark to get a status report to see if the coils were the only issue. It was then that he told me the place that they had originally tried to get them from did not have them and that they had to go with another source. The coils "would be there any second". I was a little irritated as a phone call would have been nice over the 3.5 hours that had passed since our previous conversation.

Headed that way at 4:00(they close at 5:00) Mark called around 4:30 and said the coils were in and car was problem free. Picked up the car and proceeded to sit in traffic. :cryying:

Overall, the experience was good. I would have liked a phone call when they realized there was an problem with parts availability. It turned out to not be an issue, but if there had been additional problems, the car would have spent the night. Something I would have liked to know before the place was about to close. ESPECIALLY after the brick incident.

Labor is labor...but seemed a little steep for what was prabably an easy diagnosis. Regardless, the coils tested good when I had done it...but obviously I don't have access to the equipement they used. So to fix the issue myself, I would have potentially spent the same amount just buying 8 new coils.

Take what you will from my experience. It was a minor issue and was an easy fix. So not exactly a "test" of their tuning ability. Price was higher than I expected...but isn't it always?

Bottom line: Problem found...problem solved.

Last edited:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Hmmm that does seem a bit steep for a couple bad coils and I would say thats the damn near eaaiest thing to change on these cars. I mean I could probably do it one handed while eating a slice of pizza lol. I do get what you are saying about pinpointing whicch coils were bad but at that price you couldve damn near bought some nice aftermarket ones. The brick thing makes me wonder too... that obviously seems like a customer appriciation issues if you ask me. I guess I really couldnt judge the guy until i talked to him face to face.

J-Betschart

Established Member
Personally I have heard ups and downs on Blood and TMS. Now that HP ranch is gone its hard to find the right place. But from what I remember blood has a very stingy dyno ( reads low which can hurt your self esteem, kiding of course lol) But I have heard people say there drivablity was worse after leaving blood. Im sure I could of heard it wrong or something. Im sure there dyno tuning is good though, I personally havent had anything tuned there. And every since John left I have had several cars of my own and all of my buddys have had there car tuned by Andy at TMS and I have never had any problems nor my friends. Me and my friends have had NA 5.0 tuned, S/C 5.0 Turbo'd 5.0 , S/C 4.6's and and countless dyno days. And I will be taking my turbo 4.6 with a s480 and stage 3 cams when it is finished to Andy for a tune.I have never been disatisfied with any of their work. Im sure Bloods is a great place too but I dont have any personal experience there

-Jordan

T800

Established Member
Sucks john left. I think rick from amazon is coming to town soon. Might try and get in on his Dyno day. Pretty expensive though

I thought that deal fell through? Is it back on again....I would be up for it, as now I need a nitrous tune... :rockon:

P.S. If anyone else has/had any experience FIRST HAND with Blood Enterprises, I think it would be good to add. I don't want my post to be the only one, it wasn't much of a problem. Was more a feel for how they do business rather than how they tune a car.

Last edited:

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
I didn't know the amazon deal fell through, haven't been on the regional boards lately. Friend of mine had blood work on his Dakota r/t and he was not impressed. I have not dealt with them before. Somebody needs to step up in this area and make a name for themselves!

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Well guys, im taking a small risk and I decided im not going to deal with Blood or TMS. Im going to get tuned by a guy named Eric in Enumclaw. I went up and talked to him in person and we BSd for about three hours and hes super smart and I get a MUCH MUCH better feeling about him and his tuning abilities on top of experience over TMSs tuner who I just feel is mediocre. He uses a Mustang dyno in case you were wondering. Eric doesnt really tune Mustangs though and mine will be the first full custom tune hes done on one. He is a GM guy and uses HP tuners software which is what all the GM guys use alot, and were currently working on that cause the program wouldnt access my ECM even though it was their newest version for use with Ford. He said he MIGHT consider buying SCT software but im not sure where hes at with that.

I can tell from hangin out with this guy for a little that he is a REAL old school hot rodder and really loves the hobby and is very meticulous about his tunes and focuses on perfecting drivability before WOT performance. His personal DD is an 06 turbo TBSS with a built 6.0L LSX, built trans, that makes 630 whp. He built and tuned it all himself and had been running it like that for a couple years now without any catostrophic failures he claims. My friend has driven it and said its scary fast and runs like a champ. Ill keep you guys updated. I should be putting everything on my car within the next two months and getting tuned soon after.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Well guys, im taking a small risk and I decided im not going to deal with Blood or TMS. Im going to get tuned by a guy named Eric in Enumclaw. I went up and talked to him in person and we BSd for about three hours and hes super smart and I get a MUCH MUCH better feeling about him and his tuning abilities on top of experience over TMSs tuner who I just feel is mediocre. He uses a Mustang dyno in case you were wondering. Eric doesnt really tune Mustangs though and mine will be the first full custom tune hes done on one. He is a GM guy and uses HP tuners software which is what all the GM guys use alot, and were currently working on that cause the program wouldnt access my ECM even though it was their newest version for use with Ford. He said he MIGHT consider buying SCT software but im not sure where hes at with that.

I can tell from hangin out with this guy for a little that he is a REAL old school hot rodder and really loves the hobby and is very meticulous about his tunes and focuses on perfecting drivability before WOT performance. His personal DD is an 06 turbo TBSS with a built 6.0L LSX, built trans, that makes 630 whp. He built and tuned it all himself and had been running it like that for a couple years now without any catostrophic failures he claims. My friend has driven it and said its scary fast and runs like a champ. Ill keep you guys updated. I should be putting everything on my car within the next two months and getting tuned soon after.
so...youre going NOT go to two local tuners and instead have your car tuned by a GM guy with 0 experience tuning fords. ok. good luck with that.

T800

Established Member
I say go for it. So far all I've heard is Blood is good for "my buddies car" and Andy at TMS is "getting better". Good luck and report back.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
so...youre going NOT go to two local tuners and instead have your car tuned by a GM guy with 0 experience tuning fords. ok. good luck with that.

Im a pretty good judge of character and I feel he probably has twice as much tuning knowledge and experience as TMSs tuner. I spoken to both in person, Andy a couple times. He also has framed articles in his office of cars he has built and tuned that have been in magazines as well as bonneville salt racers he has tuned hat have gone 250+ mph. I think he has some credibility. Im not worried about it.

Last edited:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Well as usual I counted my chickens before they hatched. Just got off the phone with Eric and unfortunetely he will not be able to tune my car. Apparently HP Tuners doesnt make software for any of Fords factory supercharged applications, only their N/A cars. He also isnt looking to buy SCT tuning software at this time. So the search continues....

Users who are viewing this thread