blocks

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
anyone heard of the differences between the teksid blocks (98mark 8) vs a teksid "performance" block (99+). I see the older one has the seperate jack screws and side bolts but I was curious on why they call the new style romeo a performance block.

Last edited:

glittle75

Established Member
I think your confused. The PI motors came out in 99 on mustangs. It had nothing to do with the blocks, it was the heads were different from 98 to 99. And it was 2v heads at that.

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
Yes, I said that wrong. What I am referring to is teksid block out of the mark 8 vs the teksid block out of the 99+ cobra. The older teksid blocks have jack screws and side screws and are not called performance blocks. The new teksid blocks just have side screws and are called performance blocks. Sorry for the mix-up. I was thinking of the romeo plant.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Yes, I said that wrong. What I am referring to is teksid block out of the mark 8 vs the teksid block out of the 99+ cobra. The older teksid blocks have jack screws and side screws and are not called performance blocks. The new teksid blocks just have side screws and are called performance blocks. Sorry for the mix-up.

The early mark 8 blocks are different but can handle as much as the later teksids/ Also, Cobra and Mark 8 teksids are all the same after 1993.

Swannyvill

BLOWN '01
Established Member
okay. that's what I was getting from the stuff I've been reading. When they called the one a performance block is what had me curious.

Users who are viewing this thread