Blinkers stop when brake depressed?

gateguard1

Established Member
When I'm using my turn signal and touch the brakes, I notice the signals just halt until I release the brake again. From what I've read this is a grounding issue, but with limited electrical experience, I have zero idea where to start. I looked at the rear lights and on the driver's side I saw what looks like an attachment for a wire (I'd assume a ground) attached to a one of the mounting bolts for the taillight itself, but there's no actual wire attached. I'm assuming this could be problem area, but I'm having trouble finding reference images or diagrams to go off of. I do have the factory ambers still. If anyone has maybe a reference image of the driver taillight or any knowledge on common failed grounds let me know. Thanks y'all. I know I've been blowing up this forum but I'm definitely in unfamiliar territory with such a rare car, and I really just want to learn this car in and out

harricanfloyd

Established Member
I would try to isolate it first...to see if it's L or R. If it both, then you'd have to look at wiring. Try replacing the stalk first...it's 3 screws. They can go bad. swapped mine because my wipers would randomly shut off while driving in the rain lol

Users who are viewing this thread