Blew the motor in 3 places, WTF!!

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
Finally got the motor out and found 3 places of "interest". We are tired as can be and its 3AM here in Georgia. We will take the motor apart ASAP.

Passenger side
DSC03520.jpg

Driver side
DSC03522.jpg

Driver side pan
DSC03523.jpg

sethlovesfords

Established Member
that's weird. My engine just had one huge hole lol, much larger than any of those. That's weird that it made three holes though, but perhaps everything just got tore up and started crashing into everything, who knows.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Can't wait to see what she looks like inside.

I'm sure the two holes in the rear are from the same rod hitting each side of the block internally.

04SVT-L

Established Member
that sucks man.. when mine went i didnt pop a hole in the block. i just completely disinegrated 3 pistons lol. pulled the heads and they werent there:D

barrett_g

Established Member
Stay outta those three places! J/k! Thread title reminded me of that old lame joke! Sorry to hear about your engine man

Taunto

Established Member
Ugh... thats nothing man... stick it back in the truck.. JB-Weld it all back together and ull be fine lol.. those holes are just to cool the bottom end haha. That real sucks man. What kind of power you putting out in ur truck before it blew?

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
How many miles? What is it that causes the motor to break? Just all the sudden the rod decides to come loose? Is it excessive wear on a part or a particular part wearing out? Just kinda wondering..

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
Ugh... thats nothing man... stick it back in the truck.. JB-Weld it all back together and ull be fine lol.. those holes are just to cool the bottom end haha. That real sucks man. What kind of power you putting out in ur truck before it blew?

Never ran it on the dyno, but approx 410 to the rear wheels.

How many miles? What is it that causes the motor to break? Just all the sudden the rod decides to come loose? Is it excessive wear on a part or a particular part wearing out? Just kinda wondering..

38,000 miles. See pics below. Seems like a rod let go and destroyed the rest.

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
Heres the final engine pics. Broke 3 rods and destroyed 2 pistons.

EXACTLY how pan looked when we dropped it!!
pancarnage1.jpg

Missing piston, both sides
missingpiston.jpg

Can you find the 3 broken rods?
brokenrods.jpg

R.I.P
cross.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread