blew it

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
Just letting everyone know ,well went out all day and had a blast in my car all day got some race fuel and was haveing a good ol time,,, came home for a bit , went threw 1st and 2nd out of my neighborhood and blew my frp sensor,,, thanks to jason 4 helping me on the phone telling me what to do to get it back in my garge,,, well i have one coming from my dads work and im picking another from jason at superbowl,, hope to have it for the party ,, but we will c ,, :beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Bruce, what did I tell you about bouncing that sucka off of the rev limiter????? Now, look what you went out and did!!!

I actually carry a spare in my glove box for just such occasions.........Be sure to change your oil too.

booricua

A JODER
Established Member
Some of the resident expert will chime in Fuel RAil Preassure sensor it sits on the left side on top of engine if it goes bad it allows fuel to get mixed in the engine oil NOT GOOD

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
mixxer said:
whats a frp sensor????

Here is a pic for reference.................

6d2dd049.gif

TRBO VNM

as Lou posted, that is it. takes either a socket or allen wrench to remove. I believe they switched screw types from 03 to 04. They are usually about 70+ bucks from the dealer and about 45 or so from FORDSVTPARTS(steve) at tousley ford. I have 3 including the one on the car.

always change the oil if you blow one. not worth risking a motor over a 20 dollar oil change.

if you think it went bad, like the car won't run or idle shortly after hitting the rev limiter, you can disconnect the electrical connector on it and try to start it. What this does is the computer sends full fuel pressure since it bypasses the FRPS. you will see like 60+psi if you have a fuel pressure gauge..leads me to my next suggestion.

first gauges you should get are the fuel and oil pressure gauge. You lose either of those and you can lose your motor. I always have them no matter what. the factory oil pressure gauge is there to look pretty. these gauges have saved my motor numerous times(once in this car and 3 times in my 92 stang).

if you have a fuel pressure gauge it is easy to tell if the FRPS went. your fuel pressure would be zero.

And, I have to pass on the kudos to Prasad(RageATM). He is the one that explained everything the first time I blew one and was stranded. :beer: just glad I could help someone else out.

I will bring a sensor sunday Bruce.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
Bruce where were you last night ? Got your text ? Your shirt was in my car too ...
My car was filthy LOL
See you soon

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
You mean to tell me you have that big ole 5" tach w/ a bright blue shift light and your still bouncing off the rev limiter... :poke:

:lol: Just messing with ya Bruce, drive it like you stole it buddy!

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
yeah yeah,, i had the light at about 6 and it was spinning threw 1st and i was just holding it untill it grabbed ,btw its a yellow shift light and sun was in my eyes,,,,,,lol, owell may bring tomar if i can get my oil changed in time,, got the sensor from my dad last one they had at the shop,,, and damion i wasnt down there ok......... i went to world of wheels and that was all ............ so shhhhhhhhhh dont tell,, lol

Users who are viewing this thread