Blend door issue?

04.5cummins

Established Member
Hi All,

My 2010 makes the clicking noise behind the dash when I first fire it up, but it goes away in about 15-20 seconds. The A/C does not blow cold. My stang has navigation.

I searched but could not find instructions for cars with navigation.
Please give me some much needed guidance.

I thank you in advance
Gary

PM-Performance

Established Member
I do not think Navigation is relevant to a blender issue. troubleshoot the blender valve or whatever it is called.
Ford has had this problem in many of their vehicles, so should not be too hard to find data on it

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
A friend of mine had this same issue on his 2011 GT500, one of the actuator motors had to be replaced. If I remember correctly he said there are 3 actuators in that system, two are relatively easy to replace, and one, not so easy.

R

ox white

Established Member
Usually, it's the motor that you can see when you drop the glove box down and look towards the upper center stack area. Three bolts and a connector. You can put one hand on it and operate the HVAC controls with the other. If it's bad, you can "feel" and hear it clicking. But since your A/C is inop, that's probably not the bad actuator unless it was inop before it started clicking. Check to see if the compressor is coming on.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
There are five motors. One is the air inlet door which determines if air is be recirculated or not. Another is the floor door, which diverts air to the floor vents for the heater. The other is the panel/defrost door, which diverts air to the windshield vents.

The other two are the temperature blend doors which determines how much heated or cooled air is sent down the vents. One controls the left side the other the right side. If neither side blows cold, verify that the compressor is engaging and cycling.

The fact that you hear popping and clicking behind the dash does sound like a blend door. I had this issue on my 2008 F-150. It was the temperature blend door and the clicking and popping was a constant movement of the blend door because it could no longer regulate temperature and kept hunting for the correct position.

einehund

Established Member
I just did the blend door on my 2010. The hvac wouldn't blow on the feet anymore. I didn't get the clicking, it just stopped. It was the first actuator (thank god). I would have hated to do either of the other two. Even then, it used to have 3 bolts holding it in and now it has two!

Clvaughn

2010 Ford Fusion. We replaced the blower motor resistor and the electrical connector. After being installed the air (hot or cold) just barely comes out the vents. We can here the blower motor running and can here it go from low to high but nothing hardly comes out. We have checked the vacuum lines and they are okay. We have checked the doors in the glove box and they are open. Please if anyone can help would be greatly appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread