Blacking out emblems and rear tail light panel

Rodeheavers

Established Member
SO far I took out the pony in the grille and painted it flat black, got the CJ ony parts flat black 5.0 badges and took off the rear tail light panel and painted the gt emblem flat black. The rear panel was pretty easy. There are 4 screws that needed removed that are under small 2" wide plastic pieces on the bottom of the truck, once they are removed you need to pull firmly down on the panel. It has 4 metal clips that hold it on the top. Once you got it off if you want to remove the gt emblem you will need a drill with a 1/2" bit. Ford put 4 plastic melt style rivit things. Just drill them out slightly and the emblem will come off. I painted my emblem flat black and wrapped the panel in carbon fiber wrap. To put the emblem back on I used super weather strip adhesive. It works great!

Rodeheavers

Established Member
IMG_0996.JPG

gtmiller1001

Established Member
Did you paint the 5.0 badges you got chrome from CJ or did you buy them black to start with?

I can't find any for 2015 cars listed on their site and was waiting on them to come out...

Dadz500

Established Member
Looks good! I was going to go that way but instead ordered a panel without the holes drilled and ordered the raised letters that spell out Mustang, just like the ones back in the 60's but in matte black. Kind of looks like the Roush panel that way which I really like. I have custom side emblems I had made from billet and powder coated matte black and then I painted the front horse. I have yet to install any of it but I am anxious to see what it looks like.

Users who are viewing this thread