Black306 Fuel Pumps - Who has used these? (340lph - E85 Compatible)

03Steve

Established Member
http://www.black306.com/?page_id=29

I bought a pair of these some time ago, and just got around to installing them. I have a Fore fuel hat, similar to this:

0037-015_MED.jpg

The pumps are a bit too large to fit into the pumps holding bracket with the O-rings, so I ended up buying some aluminum angle to fab up a replacement bracket.

Anyway, was looking to see who is using these, and how have they been performing for you?

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

03Steve

Established Member
I had my first outing at the track with these pumps last night. Had the car on the "low 10 second mid 130s" boost setting with the 2.3L VMP TVS. 2000' DA with a 3.3" upper and stock lower netted a 10.2@134mph.

At that power level the pumps were going down the track at 60-64% duty cycle. Two modified FPDMs, 8awg main feed, -8AN stainless fuel line, 40A boost a pump set to Ferguson riot.

More to come this fall. I have a 2.7" upper and 6lb lower that I'll be working towards, along with a 5" intake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brutal Metal

Established Member

SVT GI

Established Member
Run it with confidence, Derek has been in the fuel game on these cars for a long time. One of the first pioneers in the dual/modified FPDM kits. BTW 03Steve we need to meet up sometime, I'm on the other side of the river and when I get my project finished up I'll be at Gateway too!

MG0h3

Established Member
I cant recall seeing anyone running a BAP with larger pumps/return style. Does this just help keep the FPDC down a bit?

I sold my BAP when I ordered my fuel system (465s)--hope that wasnt a mistake.

03Steve

Established Member
Run it with confidence, Derek has been in the fuel game on these cars for a long time. One of the first pioneers in the dual/modified FPDM kits. BTW 03Steve we need to meet up sometime, I'm on the other side of the river and when I get my project finished up I'll be at Gateway too!

Swing over to Gateway on 9/28. We are having the Missouri Streetcar Shootout Race #6, and the season finale race #7 sometime in October. Facebook "Missouri Street Car Shootout".

03Steve

Established Member
I cant recall seeing anyone running a BAP with larger pumps/return style. Does this just help keep the FPDC down a bit?

I am running a returnless system.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator

The 465's flow much more than the 340's. The FPDC is always 100% on a return system. You didn't make any mistakes.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
FWIW: I built my own dual FPDM set up years ago for a returnless system (on my 04), and it's still running great today. The FPDC is around 85% on the OEM Ford GT Supercar Pumps with FRPP 80# injectors. 714/680 on E85

I'm positive if the car had larger injectors, the FPDC would be much less due to not having to raise the FP in the tune to 50 psi because of the 80's. It would be interesting to see what a set of ID's or 105's would do in it and see how it affects the FPDC. I bet it would drop 10-15% easy.

03Steve

Established Member
FWIW: I built my own dual FPDM set up years ago for a returnless system (on my 04), and it's still running great today. The FPDC is around 85% on the OEM Ford GT Supercar Pumps with FRPP 80# injectors. 714/680 on E85

I'm positive if the car had larger injectors, the FPDC would be much less due to not having to raise the FP in the tune to 50 psi because of the 80's. It would be interesting to see what a set of ID's or 105's would do in it and see how it affects the FPDC. I bet it would drop 10-15% easy.

I have 105s on the car. With the GT pumps I was approaching 100% duty cycle at 39psi with my combo. In comparison testing where the GT pumps were running 75-78%, the 340s are running 60-64%.

Quick question, why a dual FPDM, over a single modified?

I prefer to divide the current across two FPDMs instead of one. More headroom in the system.

MG0h3

Established Member
The 465's flow much more than the 340's. The FPDC is always 100% on a return system. You didn't make any mistakes.

Thanks man.

I reached out to you back in like February for a tune. Never got the car done because I got shipped out of town for work for 6 months. Should be ready in October.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member

Where did you find the plugs to make the harness?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I prefer to divide the current across two FPDMs instead of one. More headroom in the system.

Do you have to run another set of wiring for the Fore Hat like the stocker for the 2nd fpdm?
If yes does the other set have to go through that grommet on the top of the hat? any sealing issues?

Users who are viewing this thread