Black Gold 380R's 65 Mustang Build Thread

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Then on Sunday I took the car to my tuners shop in order to make sure my air/fuel ratios where operating within an acceptable range.

When I first got there he looked at my data and made some adjustments. I took it for a drive. I immediately felt a difference. I dropped the hammer in first and when I hit second it broke loose. Man, this car is running strong.

When I got back to his shop he made a couple more minor adjustments and I took it for another drive. He said everything looked good and the car is operating optimally.

Since I had to drive the car and my tuner doesn't have a dyno at his shop I didn't take any videos. Here are some pictures from the day.

Getting ready to load the car up and head over to my tuners shop. I really didn't want to drive it all the way to his shop. So, I trailered it.
20220925_083736.jpg

Here it is in front of my tuners shop.
20220925_105756.jpg

This guy works with my tuner. He has a 3D scanner app on his phone. So, he was scanning my car so he could load the image on his computer and mess around with it. Maybe he can fix my rear bumper virtually LMAO!!!
20220925_105809.jpg

I went inside my tuners shop and took some pictures.
20220925_095247.jpg

This is my tuners Chevy II. It has a big block in it.
20220925_095303.jpg

Small block Ford on the engine stand. My tuner is a tech for Fi-Tech. So, he uses this to test their products.
20220925_095259.jpg

This thing looks pretty cool.
20220925_095332.jpg

20220925_095313.jpg

Boo, Hiss LMAO!!! Small block Chevy...... :mad:
20220925_095323.jpg

Cool graphic. I couldn't tell if it was airbrushed, hand painted or a decal.
20220925_095342.jpg

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I absolutely love this build. Great job Glenn. I’m happy for you. Go and enjoy your masterpiece.

Thank you Todd! Greatly appreciate you checking my build out and for providing such great feedback. Thank you Brother! I was enjoying the hell out if it today. So much fun dropping the hammer on this thing :D ...

While I was driving it some guy pulled up next to me at a light. Told me he was following me and was hoping to catch me at a light. Said it was a beautiful car. He asked me who did the work. I told him I did most of it. He said he wanted to get my information. The light turned green and he turned off. I thought it was pretty cool he liked the car that much. If I would have been thinking I should have given him one of my new business cards....

MG0h3

Established Member
Do you ha e a Saleen Glenn? Passed a red 99-04 one at Pebble Hills.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Then on Sunday I took the car to my tuners shop in order to make sure my air/fuel ratios where operating within an acceptable range.

When I first got there he looked at my data and made some adjustments. I took it for a drive. I immediately felt a difference. I dropped the hammer in first and when I hit second it broke loose. Man, this car is running strong.

When I got back to his shop he made a couple more minor adjustments and I took it for another drive. He said everything looked good and the car is operating optimally.

Since I had to drive the car and my tuner doesn't have a dyno at his shop I didn't take any videos. Here are some pictures from the day.

Getting ready to load the car up and head over to my tuners shop. I really didn't want to drive it all the way to his shop. So, I trailered it.
View attachment 1762667

Here it is in front of my tuners shop.
View attachment 1762668

This guy works with my tuner. He has a 3D scanner app on his phone. So, he was scanning my car so he could load the image on his computer and mess around with it. Maybe he can fix my rear bumper virtually LMAO!!!
View attachment 1762669

I went inside my tuners shop and took some pictures.
View attachment 1762670

This is my tuners Chevy II. It has a big block in it.
View attachment 1762671

Small block Ford on the engine stand. My tuner is a tech for Fi-Tech. So, he uses this to test their products.
View attachment 1762672

This thing looks pretty cool.
View attachment 1762673

View attachment 1762674

Boo, Hiss LMAO!!! Small block Chevy...... :mad:
View attachment 1762675

Cool graphic. I couldn't tell if it was airbrushed, hand painted or a decal.
View attachment 1762676
That looks like a decal. Look closely and you can see the outside edge all around.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
This has absolutely nothing to do with my build, but for some reason this commercial NEVER gets old and I felt the need to share.

ROFLMAO!!!

ToddW702

Established Member
I read in an old article when I was putting a harness in my car that if you attach your shoulder strap below the point of your shoulders it can cause a really bad back injury in an accident. It will pull your shoulders down as you move forward. Then a person has to think about getting in an accident with a harness and risking a neck injury. Three points seem to be the way to go but they just don’t look good hanging down. If it’s not one thing it’s another. Car is coming along great.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I read in an old article when I was putting a harness in my car that if you attach your shoulder strap below the point of your shoulders it can cause a really bad back injury in an accident. It will pull your shoulders down as you move forward. Then a person has to think about getting in an accident with a harness and risking a neck injury. Three points seem to be the way to go but they just don’t look good hanging down. If it’s not one thing it’s another. Car is coming along great.

Thank you Todd, @98 svt and everyone else for providing feedback on this issue. I get it and understand it.

Here is my thought process overall. If it were not for the video shoot in LA I might not have restraints in the car to begin with. This car has NEVER had anything in the form of restraints. Not even lap belts. That doesn't mean it's a smart move by any means.

However, I'm looking at the "Risk Factor." Every time we get in our cars and go some where there is a "risk" of getting into an accident. However, that risk is very low (how many accidents have you been in since you have started driving?). Then I throw in the amount of time I drive my 65 compared to my other vehicles and that risk of accident in my 65 is further reduced.

I have owned this car since 1989 and have never been in an accident. Why? Because I hardly ever drive the car. So, my point here is I think my risk is VERY low.

Now, after considering the risk factor, I now look at my equipment. First are my seats. The upper back portion does not lock in place. When I installed the restraints I tested them. The restraints themselves do not have a locking mechanism like conventional cars. So, once the restraints are fitted and adjusted to the person wearing them there "IS" some movement forward due to the non-locking seat.

So, my risk is low and there is some movement forward with my current set up that will reduce spinal compression. Now, there is risk of injury in every accident. The idea is to limit the amount of injury.

I understand all the concerns and parameters here and appreciate everyone's feedback in trying to help me get this right (as mentioned before, I do not know everything and need help/advice at times). I know based on the laws of physics my current set up is not ideal, but it is better than no restraints like it's been with this car since 1965.

In the end I know it's not an ideal situation, but based on how I am looking at this I feel I should be fine until a better solution can be implemented.

Am I gambling? To a certain degree yes, but I feel I have taken actions to minimize issues. In other words, I believe I'm doing the best with what I have to work with, the time I had remaining before the shoot and the risk factors involved.

Thanks again to everyone who has commented on this. I just wanted to provide you my thought process and why I went in this direction, right or wrong.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

Here is my thought process overall. If it were not for the video shoot in LA I might not have restraints in the car to begin with. This car has NEVER had anything in the form of restraints. Not even lap belts. That doesn't mean it's a smart move by any means.
That's definitely not the way to look at it.
Do them right or just go with a lap belt.
Your safety is just not worth "assuming" you're not going to get into an accident. There's a reason they are called accidents. No one ever plans on them. With everyone texting and driving today, it's even more dangerous

Not every hooker has AIDS, but are you gonna sleep with them all with no condom? Of course not.

Do as you wish, but your reasoning makes zero sense, Glen. I just don't want to see you get hurt.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
That's definitely not the way to look at it.
Do them right or just go with a lap belt.
Your safety is just not worth "assuming" you're not going to get into an accident. There's a reason they are called accidents. No one ever plans on them. With everyone texting and driving today, it's even more dangerous

Not every hooker has AIDS, but are you gonna sleep with them all with no condom? Of course not.

Do as you wish, but your reasoning makes zero sense, Glen. I just don't want to see you get hurt.
I get it Paul. I really do. I'm not saying I'll never do them right. I'm just saying per now, due to the timing of my trip it's better to go with what I have than nothing at all. Plus the guy from AutotopiaLA said he wasn't getting in my car without restraints LOL.

Please know I'm talking about the risk during the shoot process and me driving around San Diego to the big show and back to my buddies house. Not permanently keeping/using what's in there now.

And your right, you cannot predict these things, which is why I say I am gambling.

Thanks again Paul. Hopefully that makes it a little clearer. Some times its difficult to explain a thought process in a post LOL....

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hello Everyone,

As some of you know I customize Terminator diecast vehicles. You may also know that when I visit with someone in the automotive customization industry I build them a unique diecast. I did this for Kindig and Joe Martin of Iron Resurrection.

Since I'm going to be featured on the YouTube Channel "AutotopiaLA" I wanted to create one for the owner (Shawn Davis).

Since Autotopia's colors are black and orange I took a CO Terminator and created some decals which I placed on the car.

Here are a few shots. I have all the pictures posted in my Terminator Diecast thread if you want to see more.

What do you guys think? Do you think Shawn will like it?
20220929_174950.jpg

20220929_175013.jpg

20220929_174921.jpg

20220929_175103.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay Everyone,

I'm heading out tomorrow. I'll be stopping in Phoenix and spending the night at my step daughters house. Then I'll head out to LA on Wednesday morning.

So, I'm getting a lot of stuff taken care of today. I got the car cleaned up and re-polished the hood as it is a focal point when people look at the car. I cleaned the engine bay really well. I cleaned my tires (they still had the soap residue from when the tires were mounted) and I polished my wheels (they had some water spots from cleaning the tires). I'll load the car up tomorrow and head out in the afternoon.

I made a list of everything I will need and will pack my truck and trailer tomorrow as well.

So, now it is finally time to start using some of the Christmas present I have received over the years LOL.

The red bag is a detailing bag. So, I packed it with my detail spray, tire shine, microfiber towels, interior spray, glass cleaner and anything else I could think of.
20221003_105304.jpg

The blue bin is actually a tool box. So, I loaded it with a bunch of basic hand tools just in case. I don't think I will need any tools, but always good to have some tools when traveling across several states.
20221003_105323.jpg

Rest assured that all this stuff will be placed in my truck or trailer when I'm filming with Shawn (Don't want stuff flying around when I drop the hammer LOL). However, this is how my trunk will be set up when I travel from @01yellercobra residence to the big Mustang show. I will not have the trunk on display at the show, but I'll have this stuff plus my chairs and drink cooler in here as well.

Besides loading up I think I'm all set. SWEET!!!

If any of you guys make it out be sure to look me up.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Please don't use that California Duster. :eek: Not the way you want to keep your pristine paint clean. A good microfiber cloth and good detailing spray is what you want to use. I well remember the (good) lecture I got from my professional detailer buddy when I asked him if I should use my California Duster to dust off my ceramic coated GV70. When I got home, I threw it out.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Please don't use that California Duster. :eek: Not the way you want to keep your pristine paint clean. A good microfiber cloth and good detailing spray is what you want to use. I well remember the (good) lecture I got from my professional detailer buddy when I asked him if I should use my California Duster to dust off my ceramic coated GV70. When I got home, I threw it out.
A long time ago I mentioned using a duster to a buddy that detailed cars on the side. The sigh I got from him said it all.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Lol. Well it's brand new and had only been used on the roof to knock off dust that fell on it from the garage door opener knocking off the popcorn from the ceiling.

I normally use the detail spray and high quality microfiber towel.

Good thing is I have the high quality polishing equipment and liquids to get out any fine scratches left behind.

Appreciate the heads up on the lectures you guys received from your detailing pros.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread