Black Friday purchases - what’re you getting and where?

mat50ho

Established Member
I have been using RNG as a substitute for cable for about two years now. I'm a big hockey fan and I was paying **** tons of money just to watch my team on TV. Now I get every NHL game with no blackouts for $12/month. Eat sh!t NHL and cable companies.

Oh and RNG original includes PPV too, so if you are a big combat sports fan like me, this pays for itself with one UFC PPV.
What package do you have? Can you stream through a smart TV? Or using a pc with a hdmi output?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Tires for my racecar.

It was only $50 off of all 4 but because we have to run these, and they are price controlled from the manufacturer, finding a deal is basically non-existent.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I snagged a Cannon 20gun safe at tractor supply for 250 (50% off) to store ammo in lol

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
After being on EVGA's list for a new video card since February I finally got the message that it was my turn yesterday! Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

My 2 watercooled 980ti's in SLI just were not cutting it anymore, especially as SLI support has basically been dropped from most games/programs.

I've been chasing these things for about a year, I even stood in line at bestbuy from 1-2am in the morning only for the people in front of the line to have their kids join them and push me back from the top 50 to #107, and they had 97 cards...
Then left to drive 8 hours to Colorado, still pissed from that one.

1638378369163.png

Last edited:

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy shit that's a serious graphics card.
Yes it is, it costs nearly as much as the entirety of my last gaming build but I run 5-7 years on a GPU instead of upgrading every cycle. With a 3090 I can mine a bit of crypto for a few months and sell my 2 980ti for >$600 which will pay for the upgrade, and makes thak $2k price tag much more reasonable.
I love Flight Simulator and it was killing my 980ti's, as they were the bottleneck, even running scaled.

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
Yes it is, it costs nearly as much as the entirety of my last gaming build but I run 5-7 years on a GPU instead of upgrading every cycle. With a 3090 I can mine a bit of crypto for a few months and sell my 2 980ti for >$600 which will pay for the upgrade, and makes thak $2k price tag much more reasonable.
I love Flight Simulator and it was killing my 980ti's, as they were the bottleneck, even running scaled.
Wow, thanks for the info. I have been considering a gaming PC for a while and dumping console gaming. I'm going to run my Xbox Series X for a couple years and make the jump back to PC.

Users who are viewing this thread