BITCOIN

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Khaleelulla Baig, founder and CEO of KoinBasket, told Seeking Alpha via email. "Bitcoin in the long run will prove to be a good inflation hedge,"

q6543

Established Member
I actually think 10 Trillion is low balling people.

He really thinks it's total value will represent the total value of all assets combined... closer to 500T at this moment.

I.e. 25 mill/per

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
By this time next year as we are in a depression and the CryptoBros get desperate Crypto will all but get wiped out. Once it hits $10k, it will be a run to sell and salvage whatever which will push Bitcoin lower, pushing more selling. I will think about some Bitcoin when it hits $250 and half the holders have offed themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Nothing to see here. The underlying collateral consists of junk bonds to Chinese property developers. Tether represents that it is USTs backing the coin but really what's the difference?

Again I just can not stop laughing over all the gullible people out there, nothing surprises me about all this empty computer code only snake oil and people wanting it. All because others say there is value in it.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
No, understanding rat poison and the sheeple that buy it, might be better.

“ I missed the boat so it’s obviously a scam “

At the end of the day.. right now crypto is losing its mind

Had you been like many of us and bought in over 2 years ago you’d be singing a different tune

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

Had you been like many of us and bought in over 2 years ago you’d be singing a different tune

Again, I made 5 figures off of $500.

But, describe what crypto is. Because the CryptoBros are doing a great job making the excuse for it being nothing more than today’s Beanie Babies.

Where is John Wilkes Booth when his country really needs him?

q6543

Established Member
Props for the 1 member who own the bitcoin short ETF... at least he's banking conviction.

It's still part of a well balanced portfolio whether you like it or not, Ethereum too.

And talking shxt instead of re-balancing into a generational opportunity is useless.

If I hated crypto and was convinced it's worthless... I'd still have at least 5% exposure.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Props for the 1 member who own the bitcoin short ETF... at least he's banking conviction.

It's still part of a well balanced portfolio whether you like it or not, Ethereum too.

And talking shxt instead of re-balancing into a generational opportunity is useless.

If I hated crypto and was convinced it's worthless... I'd still have at least 5% exposure.
Yes I’ve invested into all the Ponzi schemes “just in case”

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

I admire anyone who got the timing right on buying and selling crypto (or any investment) and made big money. That fact does not change what it is.

q6543

Established Member
1 more time for the people in the back...

Being alive on Earth IS a ponzi scheme.
It's natural.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Hell if you did when you made the thread you’d still be up double

Who knew that the Feds quantitative easing and crypto were so joined at the hip? The fact that the crypto boys still calling for $100,000 and that it is a store of value didn't either or they're just whistling past the grave.

The scary part is that a lot of other shit is gonna shake out as rat poison.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

I will not let my opinions get in the way of making a few sheckles.

In my day job I have financed some pretty interesting things that are BTC related even if I do think the vast majority of crypto is fraud. I am in the process of closing a large lending facility against BTC at a basis of $7k. I hold the BTC in cold storage so I cant get hacked. I am selling futures against my collateral so I am hedged against price declines. I have sell orders on my entire book at good until canceled so if shit hits the fan I do not need to worry about selling my collateral. I will get paid 12% p.a. for what is a risk free trade.

Another one that was interesting was financing mining operations. We were buying stranded nat gas wells in CO at a steep discount to market and then setting up shipping containers with mining rigs on site. These were powered by nat gas generators. BTC is really just stored energy so if you can create it at a steep discount to power prices you can make a ton of money. Our gas was -50% cheaper than cost because it was stranded so we could create BTC at a 50% discount to what other could mine it at.

All of this said, I will bet large amounts of money that it is not going to end well for the retail schlubs. Everyone is a genius in a bull market. Shit gets real in a bear market. The bull market for crypto is over and is not coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread