BITCOIN

cobracide

Established Member
Mind you, none of those stocks listed have millions of people advocating people to buy them.
Just turn on CNBC to see the latest flavor of what is being pushed. People are dumb and people lose money every day investing. Due to the market cycles and human psychology - the "pump" rotates around sectors, stocks, ect. Like right now one hot sector is energy. Last Nov, Dec it was tech that peaked. So now tech is 30-50% down. Would you call the tech drop a pump and dump? No. It's a sector rotation. Tech rode the same money BTC did for 16 years of easy monetary policy from the fed (the "pump"), The easy money is gone hence people are fleeing high risk investments such as tech and BTC ("the dump"). Guess what - there are still millions of people that are advocating tech now. It's called buy the dip now.

It's just simplistic and pathetic to call out Crypto when the "ponzi" pump/dump theme is analogous everywhere all the time in any investment vehicle. Help me out but I don't see a difference.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
yeah to be fair, AMZN is down $1125/share in the last few weeks and BA is almost what is was right after covid…those are pretty solid picks when a tardnugget ain’t running the show

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Apologies for the double post...but this does concern me in the crypto world, much more than what happened with LUNA and the red waves it's sending out. The timing and circumstances seem all too convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VegasMichael

Established Member
Just turn on CNBC to see the latest flavor of what is being pushed. People are dumb and people lose money every day investing. Due to the market cycles and human psychology - the "pump" rotates around sectors, stocks, ect. Like right now one hot sector is energy. Last Nov, Dec it was tech that peaked. So now tech is 30-50% down. Would you call the tech drop a pump and dump? No. It's a sector rotation. Tech rode the same money BTC did for 16 years of easy monetary policy from the fed (the "pump"), The easy money is gone hence people are fleeing high risk investments such as tech and BTC ("the dump"). Guess what - there are still millions of people that are advocating tech now. It's called buy the dip now.

It's just simplistic and pathetic to call out Crypto when the "ponzi" pump/dump theme is analogous everywhere all the time in any investment vehicle. Help me out but I don't see a difference.
If people are losing money every day investing then they are not investing they are speculating.

cobracide

Established Member
chart-8-539x420.png

q6543

Established Member
I'm still dollar cost averaging every week, I just have to restructure how I index... i was indexing the top 15... but there was too much jockeying, so I cut it down to the top 7... which exposed me to luna, so I may cut back to the top 3 or 4 I guess.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I wonder if the millennial hodlers realize no circuit breakers on crypto trading? Because when the big dog's super computers decide to exit, the little guy is gonna get screwed.

cobracide

Established Member
I'm still dollar cost averaging every week, I just have to restructure how I index... i was indexing the top 15... but there was too much jockeying, so I cut it down to the top 7... which exposed me to luna, so I may cut back to the top 3 or 4 I guess.
I consolidated all my altcoins to bitcoin after I stopped mining about 12 years ago. Right now, BTC and Eth is all I am in. It's better to condense down at peak value as the trades will yield a better conversion return. Here at a multi-year low, we see the "weed-out" of the weaker coins -again just like the weaker stocks get exposed.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Tell me what everybody that’s against Crypto in this thread have in common ……

One hint:

They were alive in the 60s

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Tell me what everybody that’s against Crypto in this thread have in common ……

One hint:

They were alive in the 60s
Just imagine how funny their posts will be in 5 years. Or better yet, in 10 years.

Unfortunately, there's a good chance they won't be around to reminisce with the rest of us.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Terra briefly halts transactions on blockchain as tokens become nearly worthless​

May 12, 2022 2:30 PM ETTerra (LUNA-USD), UST-USDBy: Max Gottlich, SA News Editor54 Comments

Bitcoin financial decline with golden coin

matejmo/iStock via Getty Images

• The Terra blockchain on Thursday has been temporarily halted as the price of Terra coins (LUNA-USD) collapse to near zero.
  • LUNAs are changing hands at one cent in afternoon trading, compared with its record high of $116.43 in the beginning of April.
  • Specifically, the price of Terra (LUNA-USD), a governance token, has fallen too low to offset potential governance attacks "following severe $LUNA inflation and a significantly reduced cost of attack," according to a Twitter post from Terraform Labs. “The Terra blockchain was officially halted at a block height of 7603700.”
  • Update at 2:30 PM ET: "The Terra blockchain has resumed block production," according to a tweet.
  • TerraUSD (UST-USD), the sister token of LUNA, is also nosediving 41% to $0.39, an overall decline of 61% from its peg to the U.S. dollar. Speculators are awaiting Do Kwon's, the founder of Terraform Labs, rescue plan.
  • Earlier this week, (May 11) Terra's nearly 100% drop has the rest of the crypto market on edge.

Users who are viewing this thread