BITCOIN

q6543

Established Member
Looks about 45% drawdown on BTC,ETH

Spy is down 8% and a little more for the Q's..

I think they made the decision to break inflation, and deal with having the correction pre election cycle.

Gonna be an excellent few months for the DCA'ers.

Probably adjust my 401k from 30% up to 40% and max out earlier this year into the pullback.. small moves, big longterm results.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Pretty crazy stuff. Monopoly money.

Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of the Ethereum (CRYPTO: ETH) blockchain, recently described how he burned close to $6.7 billion in Shiba Inu (CRYPTO: SHIB).
During a recent interview on the UpOnly Podcast, Buterin said that in May 2021 anonymous developers sent him 505 trillion SHIB tokens, which were worth $8 billion at the time.

According to Buterin, the developers did this because they thought sending the tokens to him would effectively burn the tokens, decreasing supply and increasing demand.

During that month, Buterin sent SHIB and other crypto donations he received to various charities, including 50 trillion SHIB, around $1.2 billion at the time, to the India Covid Crypto Relief Fund.

He later burned about 90% of his remaining SHIB tokens. Buterin said to do so required a set of complex procedures to access and send the SHIB tokens.

Also Read: Vitalik Buterin Says Ethereum Is Not Ready For Direct Mass Adoption

The funds were initially in a cold wallet in the form of two numbers written on separate pieces of paper.

Buterin said he had to combine the two numbers to get the private key. He then entered the numbers into a $300 computer he purchased at Target to complete the transaction. Buterin then proceeded to burn the tokens and described the entire procedure as "scary."

Recently, Buterin took a set of Twitter polls asking people what they would prefer as a currency for transactions and savings if Ethereum was out of the running for the dominant coin in 2035. Different coins were listed in the two surveys.

In one poll, Cardano (CRYPTO: ADA) dominated, garnering 42% of the 245,261 votes. Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC) came in second at 30.7%, while Solana (CRYPTO: SOL) and the dollar trailed with 18% and 9.4% of the votes, respectively.

Related Link: Ethereum Co-Founder Vitalik Buterin Calls Bitcoin Cash A Failure, Reflects On His Crypto Commentary From 2013

lilcoop03

Established Member
What is the preferred way to buy bitcoin? This correction looks like a good time to finally jump on the wagon

cobracide

Established Member
I understand that, I was wondering if there was a preferred platform for any reason(s)
I'm not going to recommend a particular platform and tell someone where to put their money. The words Research and Reputation come to mind. Once the trade is done however, I'd transfer the funds to a private wallet and cold store.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I understand that, I was wondering if there was a preferred platform for any reason(s)

@cobracide is better at this than I am but I have Coinbase Pro and Kraken.

They are pretty easy to use for someone who is even moderately competent at the internet and they are reputable enough that you don't worry about your accounts being frozen and/or easily hacked.

Standard disclaimer is that I bear no responsibility if the investments or accounts go poorly for you.

98SVTContour98

Established Member

Whatever you do below, please read/watch videos about Self-Custody-ing your Bitcoin...I would not leave coins on an exchange right now unless you are only planning to hold it for a very short amount of time.

If you plan to buy less than $1k at a time/per week = Strike App

If you plan to buy more than $1k at a time/per week = Coinbase/Gemini/Kraken

I prefer Strike App b/c there are almost no fees, but you can't buy that much at a time.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Pretty crazy stuff. Monopoly money.

Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of the Ethereum (CRYPTO: ETH) blockchain, recently described how he burned close to $6.7 billion in Shiba Inu (CRYPTO: SHIB).
During a recent interview on the UpOnly Podcast, Buterin said that in May 2021 anonymous developers sent him 505 trillion SHIB tokens, which were worth $8 billion at the time.

According to Buterin, the developers did this because they thought sending the tokens to him would effectively burn the tokens, decreasing supply and increasing demand.

During that month, Buterin sent SHIB and other crypto donations he received to various charities, including 50 trillion SHIB, around $1.2 billion at the time, to the India Covid Crypto Relief Fund.

He later burned about 90% of his remaining SHIB tokens. Buterin said to do so required a set of complex procedures to access and send the SHIB tokens.

Also Read: Vitalik Buterin Says Ethereum Is Not Ready For Direct Mass Adoption

The funds were initially in a cold wallet in the form of two numbers written on separate pieces of paper.

Buterin said he had to combine the two numbers to get the private key. He then entered the numbers into a $300 computer he purchased at Target to complete the transaction. Buterin then proceeded to burn the tokens and described the entire procedure as "scary."

Recently, Buterin took a set of Twitter polls asking people what they would prefer as a currency for transactions and savings if Ethereum was out of the running for the dominant coin in 2035. Different coins were listed in the two surveys.

In one poll, Cardano (CRYPTO: ADA) dominated, garnering 42% of the 245,261 votes. Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC) came in second at 30.7%, while Solana (CRYPTO: SOL) and the dollar trailed with 18% and 9.4% of the votes, respectively.

Related Link: Ethereum Co-Founder Vitalik Buterin Calls Bitcoin Cash A Failure, Reflects On His Crypto Commentary From 2013

Lmfao. Holy old article….

Also, y2k wasn’t real either

quad

Established Member
Doesn't make it any less crazy.
What's more crazy is the origin of our solar system. All the molecules on earth, the sun and all the other planets were once a solar nebula, the remnant of ancient super massive stars that ended with massive supernova explosions. Well that's the current theory.

Nothing that humans can come up with tops that. All conspiracy theories pale in comparison to the craziness of our origin.

Coosawjack

Established Member
What's more crazy is the origin of our solar system. All the molecules on earth, the sun and all the other planets were once a solar nebula, the remnant of ancient super massive stars that ended with massive supernova explosions. Well that's the current theory.

Nothing that humans can come up with tops that. All conspiracy theories pale in comparison to the craziness of our origin.
^^ABSOLUTE TRUTH RIGHT THERE!!^^ (y) (y)

q6543

Established Member
Simulation theory solves this. We're actually racing towards our origin and haven't actualized it yet.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

I like that everything that makes me up was once inside a star.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Gemini, Voyager Digital face SEC scrutiny on high-yield crypto products - Bloomberg

Jan. 26, 2022 3:00 PM ET
While the crypto lending market continues to gain momentum, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission examines digital asset firms Gemini, Voyager Digital (OTCQX:VYGVF) and Celsius Network, to get a better grasp of its high-yielding product offerings, people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg.
Note that the rates that crypto lenders offer far outpace traditional bank savings accounts and other kinds of interest-bearing deposits - by lending out their digital tokens to other investors - a process that the SEC said raises concerns about investor protection, Bloomberg reports. Crypto lenders offer these high interest rates, usually through staking rewards, even in the wake of digital asset price weakness. Bitcoin (BTC-USD) falls nearly -27% to $37.6K just in the past month and ethereum (ETH-USD) -40% to sub $2.6K.
Moreover, the SEC's review focuses on whether these offerings should be registered as securities with the agency, the people told Bloomberg. These crypto firms offer rates on tokens of 3% to as high as 18%, while traditional depository institutions offer less than 0.1% in a savings account. The problem is that unlike bank deposits, the crypto accounts are not FDIC insured, meaning investors can lose their principal.
Furthermore, “We are one of many companies the SEC has reached out to regarding crypto yield products,” Bloomberg reports, citing Gemini Spokeswoman Carolyn Vadino in a statement. “We are cooperating voluntarily with this industry-wide inquiry,” She adds. Celsius Spokeswoman Bethany Davis says “we always have, and will continue to, work with regulators in the U.S. and globally to operate in full compliance with the law,” Bloomberg reports. And “it’s normal for financial services companies, digital asset related or otherwise, to be in ongoing dialog with regulators,” Voyager Spokesman Mike Legg said.
The SEC hasn't accused the firms of any wrongdoing, and not all agency queries lead to enforcement actions, an SEC spokeswoman told Bloomberg.

Earlier, Gemini's affiliate got FINRA approval to operate a registered broker-dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread