BITCOIN

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
BTC, ETH and Shiba looking good. Now have almost 9k in Shiba. Someone just bought about 1.5m dollars worth. High Hopes!

On a side note I’m almost at 30K in crypto which is a small milestone for me. I don’t feel I do anything special other than invest. Glad to have a decent amount invested so my money grows a little faster.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Shiba Inu climbs 15% after Elon Musk tweets again

• Elon Musk sparks yet another rally in the meme-based digital token, Shiba Inu (SHIB-USD), for the second time this month following his tweet on what appears to be a rabbit holding a rocket-ship emoji.
  • Roughly 10 minutes after Musk sent out his tweet on Sunday evening, Shiba (SHIB-USD) rose 14% and approximately $3.8B in the token has changed hands over the past day, says The Motley Fool's Jon Quast in a blog post.
  • The alt coin is still elevated from the tweet, up about 15% to $0.00002915, with an $11.5B market cap, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
  • Recall that Shiba (SHIB-USD) surged nearly 370% and its market cap surpassed $13B just days after Elon Musk tweeted earlier this month.
  • Some other alt coins including the ninth largest crypto by market cap, Dogecoin <<DOGE-COIN>>, which is also represented by a Shiba Inu, gains upside momentum.
  • Earlier, CME sees open interest in bitcoin futures at record levels ahead of crypto ETF.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I was reading some of the posts from the begging of the thread and some were saying inactivity in your digital wallet can cause issues? So if you buy some bitcoin or whatever digital currency and put it in cold storage, does that harm your investment?

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I was reading some of the posts from the begging of the thread and some were saying inactivity in your digital wallet can cause issues? So if you buy some bitcoin or whatever digital currency and put it in cold storage, does that harm your investment?
I couldn't see how.

98SVTContour98

Established Member

no...but I'd want to know what cold storage is being used to be sure

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
This will likely never be anything and some people think the creators are doing it just to get ad revenue from the app. Using the app to mine it on my cell phone doesn't cost me anything and I don't get ads that often so whatever. I've been in for a little while and have 1480 tokens.
Wow, you're up to 1480? I'm at like 26 lol. I'm gonna stick with it just in case it does become something though. I'd rather be disappointed if it doesn't become something than regretting not doing it if it does become something. Thanks for the info

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

q6543

Established Member
Spent some time reading up on proshares $BITO bitcoin futures ETF.

They found a neat loophole, however the fund owns NO actual bitcoin.

The way it reads is an arbitrary number with price movement correlated to futures spot.

I was kinda hoping it would force the fund to buy and sell the underlying, but no such luck.. also not sure if the fund will have an options chain... so we can really kick up the leverage.

It's a interesting product but definitely not actually bitcoin or a "bitcoin etf".. more like a bet on movement from the outside.

Anyways all press is good press!

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Spent some time reading up on proshares $BITO bitcoin futures ETF.

They found a neat loophole, however the fund owns NO actual bitcoin.

The way it reads is an arbitrary number with price movement correlated to futures spot.

I was kinda hoping it would force the fund to buy and sell the underlying, but no such luck.. also not sure if the fund will have an options chain... so we can really kick up the leverage.

It's a interesting product but definitely not actually bitcoin or a "bitcoin etf".. more like a bet on movement from the outside.

Anyways all press is good press!

what about the Valkyrie ETF: $BTFD

?

q6543

Established Member
The valkyrie white paper says it's basically $GBTC.

It's a trust not an ETF but it will purchase bitcoin and custody it through coinbase.

Can't find if it's closed or open ended, or fee structure.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
FCFJYpGWUAQ5_IU

9a2.png

quad

Established Member
Shiba Inu climbs 15% after Elon Musk tweets again
  • Elon Musk sparks yet another rally in the meme-based digital token, Shiba Inu (SHIB-USD), for the second time this month following his tweet on what appears to be a rabbit holding a rocket-ship emoji.
  • Roughly 10 minutes after Musk sent out his tweet on Sunday evening, Shiba (SHIB-USD) rose 14% and approximately $3.8B in the token has changed hands over the past day, says The Motley Fool's Jon Quast in a blog post.
  • The alt coin is still elevated from the tweet, up about 15% to $0.00002915, with an $11.5B market cap, according to data from CoinMarketCap.
  • Recall that Shiba (SHIB-USD) surged nearly 370% and its market cap surpassed $13B just days after Elon Musk tweeted earlier this month.
  • Some other alt coins including the ninth largest crypto by market cap, Dogecoin <<DOGE-COIN>>, which is also represented by a Shiba Inu, gains upside momentum.
  • Earlier, CME sees open interest in bitcoin futures at record levels ahead of crypto ETF.
Elon should tweet something like this so the Doge crowd will know it's for them. Shiba is riding on the coat tails of Doge lol!

When Elon is posting a Shiba Inu picture it is in reference to Doge but the Shiba Inu crypto crowd uses that as validation to pump Shiba.

e2e.jpg

Elon Musk (with a net worth equal to 861 billion #Dogecoin) is now richer than Bill Gates and Warren Buffett COMBINED! ????
— Matt Wallace (@MattWallace888) October 16, 2021
Hopefully enough to extend life to Mars
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) October 16, 2021
Wallace replied to Musk's tweet and wrote, "Very very excited about seeing humans on Mars."
Very very excited about seeing humans on Mars ????

Have no doubt you will make it happen :)
— Matt Wallace (@MattWallace888) October 16, 2021

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Mastercard completes acquisition of crypto intelligence platform CipherTrace

• Mastercard (NYSE:MA) completes its acquisition of CipherTree, a cryptocurrency intelligence company that offers digital asset security and fraud solutions.
  • "Today marks a significant milestone for Mastercard as we further enhance our strategic capabilities, technologies and teams to support the evolution of our digital assets," said Ajay Bhalla, president of cyber and intelligence at Mastercard.
  • Shares of MA are down slightly by 0.10% in afterhours trading.
  • Previously, (Sep. 9) Mastercard (MA) agreed to acquire CipherTree to accelerate the credit card network's crypto-related strategy as more people embrace digital assets.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Paul Tudor Jones says inflation picture is 'very bleak,' crypto offers great hedge

• Billionaire hedge fund manager Paul Tudor Jones offered what he characterized as a "very bleak picture" of inflation on Wednesday, saying that the fast pace of price increases represented the biggest threat to both the financial markets and society in general.
  • To protect portfolios against higher prices, Jones told CNBC that investors should buy commodities, inflation-indexed bonds and cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin (BTC-USD).
  • "Bitcoin will be a great hedge. Crypto will be a great inflation hedge," he said.
  • Jones reported that he has crypto in "single digits" in his portfolio, partly because he believes "we are moving into an increasingly digitized world."
  • "Clearly, there's a place for crypto. And clearly, it's winning the race against gold at the moment," he contended.
  • Jones also lashed out at the Federal Reserve, saying the central bank "is an inflation creator rather than an inflation fighter."
  • "I think we have maybe the most inappropriate monetary policy that we've seen maybe in my lifetime," he said.
  • Jones argued that policymakers are taking inflation "lightly" because the U.S. hasn't seen this level of inflation for decades.
    • "What they're telling you by their actions is that they are going to be slow and late to fight inflation," he said.
    • "Somewhere down the road, somebody will have to come in ... and put the hammer down," he added.
  • The famed investor expressed a lack of confidence in Fed Chair Jerome Powell, saying he's not the person to fight inflation given the dovish policies he has advocated so far.
  • However, Jones predicted that Powell would be re-nominated as head of the U.S. central bank.
  • Jones has been an outspoken critic of Fed policy for a while now. See why he called policymakers "bat s- crazy" back in June.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
????? Scam?

Hindenburg offers $1M bounty for details on Tether's backing

• Hindenburg Research offers a reward of $1M for information "leading to previously undisclosed details" about cryptocurrency Tether's (USDT-USD) backing.
  • Tether (USDT-USD) markets itself as a stablecoin, meaning each $1 of Tether is backed by an actual dollar or other reliable asset.
  • "Hindenburg has doubts about the legitimacy of Tether's backing due to the company's sparse disclosure," the company said in a statement. "The company claims to hold a significant portion of its reserves in commercial paper yet has disclosed virtually nothing about its counterparties."
  • In June, the Financial Times reported that Tether disclosed in May that it held just under $30B in commercial paper to back the stablecoins. That would make it one of the biggest CP holders like Vanguard and BlackRock, the FT said.
  • Previously (Oct. 15), CFTC orders, Tether, Bitfinex to pay a combined fine of $42.5M

98SVTContour98

Established Member
????? Scam?

Hindenburg offers $1M bounty for details on Tether's backing
  • Hindenburg Research offers a reward of $1M for information "leading to previously undisclosed details" about cryptocurrency Tether's (USDT-USD) backing.
  • Tether (USDT-USD) markets itself as a stablecoin, meaning each $1 of Tether is backed by an actual dollar or other reliable asset.
  • "Hindenburg has doubts about the legitimacy of Tether's backing due to the company's sparse disclosure," the company said in a statement. "The company claims to hold a significant portion of its reserves in commercial paper yet has disclosed virtually nothing about its counterparties."
  • In June, the Financial Times reported that Tether disclosed in May that it held just under $30B in commercial paper to back the stablecoins. That would make it one of the biggest CP holders like Vanguard and BlackRock, the FT said.
  • Previously (Oct. 15), CFTC orders, Tether, Bitfinex to pay a combined fine of $42.5M

we know it's a scam but we don't know how to prove it, so someone else do the work for us and we'll pay you

lol gtfo

Users who are viewing this thread