BITCOIN

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Then you view it as an appreciating asset to hold and that was not what it was designed for. To be fair many things are used for other than designed purpose, but BTC has value ONLY because someone wants it more than someone else. That's it, there is no other use to fall back on to, there is ZERO barrier to entry for any other competitive use for BTC, and therefore NO reason for a company to spend big bucks on something it can develop for itself. And with 10,000+ and growing crypto's, that is definitely what companies are doing.

So what does that mean? If I owned BTC, I would have a hair trigger sell button tuned to what the players were doing. Unfortunately, the freaking AI's move so fast, I think it will be brutal. But, plenty of stimulus to fuel the party for at least the next 2 years, so I hope you make a boatload of money.

I disagree with this short-term view and encourage you to research Bitcoin some more. I think then you would see why the term "Shitcoin" applies to the "10,000+ and growing" alternatives to Bitcoin.

A US-based CBDC is not "a crypto" and can never be what Bitcoin is (both in function and properties)...and I believe it will only further fuel the mass adoption for BTC.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I disagree with this short-term view and encourage you to research Bitcoin some more. I think then you would see why the term "Shitcoin" applies to the "10,000+ and growing" alternatives to Bitcoin.

A US-based CBDC is not "a crypto" and can never be what Bitcoin is (both in function and properties)...and I believe it will only further fuel the mass adoption for BTC.

Nation states will never allow it to be mass adopted as an alternative to fiat, ever ever, they can't afford to and they have many tools to make sure it never does.

If you were a seller, what would you want payment in? Something that gyrates or something that has the same value the next day? Pretty easy answer.

Shitcoin is just code for "we can do it cheaper" for whatever you are using crypto for.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Nation states will never allow it to be mass adopted as an alternative to fiat, ever ever, they can't afford to and they have many tools to make sure it never does.

If you were a seller, what would you want payment in? Something that gyrates or something that has the same value the next day? Pretty easy answer.

Shitcoin is just code for "we can do it cheaper" for whatever you are using crypto for.

Nation States will have no choice but to adopt it themselves or get left behind.

Again, saying someone can do something "cheaper" is a fundamental misunderstanding of Bitcoin and it's properties, abilities, and network.

Knowing what I know and given my time horizon for Bitcoin, I'd prefer to get paid in Bitcoin and borrow against my balance for govt money.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Nation States will have no choice but to adopt it themselves or get left behind.

Again, saying someone can do something "cheaper" is a fundamental misunderstanding of Bitcoin and it's properties, abilities, and network.

Knowing what I know and given my time horizon for Bitcoin, I'd prefer to get paid in Bitcoin and borrow against my balance for govt money.

Regarding nation states: They already are, once China rolls out its own crypto, do you think they will hesitate to make theirs mandatory for that type payment? Or that the EU won't tax competitors into oblivion or that the USA won't regulate to death anything seen as a threat to the deep state? Get serious.

Stating that a company would choose expensive over cheaper isn't reality.

Regards your timeline: keep your eyes hard and remember your BTC has no ****s to give about you or anyone else, I wish you the best.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
“ I’m gonna tell you everything about what you do that I won’t do but I wish you luck”

you’re the guy who goes to the strip club and tells the other dudes how to land a chick but won’t drop a dollar

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
“ I’m gonna tell you everything about what you do that I won’t do but I wish you luck”

you’re the guy who goes to the strip club and tells the other dudes how to land a chick but won’t drop a dollar

And your investor bias blinds you to unpleasant facts.

But, what the hey, plenty of stimulus for a while, no worries.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Regarding nation states: They already are, once China rolls out its own crypto, do you think they will hesitate to make theirs mandatory for that type payment? Or that the EU won't tax competitors into oblivion or that the USA won't regulate to death anything seen as a threat to the deep state? Get serious.

Stating that a company would choose expensive over cheaper isn't reality.

Regards your timeline: keep your eyes hard and remember your BTC has no ****s to give about you or anyone else, I wish you the best.

didn't you ask: IF YOU WERE A SELLER

So I gave you my answer, i'm not sure why you are trying to now change your question.

My eyes are open and my dick hard towards Bitcoin.

Nation State game theory has started, authoritarian regimes (USSA included) will do their worst...and maybe Freedom loving people (pro-bitcoin people) will just have to move...Bitcoin could literally be the only hope for the future.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
didn't you ask: IF YOU WERE A SELLER

So I gave you my answer, i'm not sure why you are trying to now change your question.

My eyes are open and my dick hard towards Bitcoin.

Nation State game theory has started, authoritarian regimes (USSA included) will do their worst...and maybe Freedom loving people (pro-bitcoin people) will just have to move...Bitcoin could literally be the only hope for the future.

Well, I root for the Vikings, so anything is possible I guess.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
so if I go turn on my xbox
Buy a video game

with bitcoin

then what?

Already answered: Most people don't hold it for that purpose, they hold it like a stock.

What determines the value of an asset? In a company you have all the physical and intellectual property, and a certain amount that is intangible, that varies by asset for many reasons.

For example, Microsoft, they have the physical footprint, intellectual property and intangible. Why intangible? Because people put value on innovation and track record.

BTC = 100% intangible, how is that determined, by price discovery trading. What is left if people decide they don't like it for any reason at all: NOTHING.

That is why equating BTC as a store of value like gold is a joke. Price discovery of gold is thousands of years and has many uses.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I love how you ducked that question.

I thought I answered it pretty well.

Debate is good, people reading this thread will hopefully dig in before investing. Nothing wrong with owning crypto, just understand things can and do change rapidly in all aspects regarding its ownership.

I have read other people commenting that they own crypto because they don't want to miss the next internet, so I understand that motivation very well. I made a lot of money off Microsoft and Intel on their first go round.

q6543

Established Member
Imagine if the internet was parceled up and sold off privately.

Would you want to own rights to a piece of the internet??
Is the internet vapor??

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Imagine if the internet was parceled up and sold off privately.

Would you want to own rights to a piece of the internet??
Is the internet vapor??

I don't believe that it is the next internet, although, I do see multiple internets happening.

I believe crypto will have many uses, but that holding it like a appreciating asset won't be one of them. I also believe a lot of money will be made off it in the meantime, the corollary being that a lot of money will be lost in the end game.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
is the thrust behind this belief from a govt intervention standpoint or b/c you believe they aren't really anything at all (aka vapor) or both?

The unbelievable amount of liquidity the central banks are pumping out cannot continue.

Nation states are taking action to coop or suppress crypto.

As the number of new crypto's explode, more and more scams and hacks will occur undermining the appeal.

Something is going to trigger a crisis of confidence, as periodically happens, and you can see the crypto price crash coming like a freight train. And as usual, the little guy is gonna take it right in the ass.

I trust China to inflict maximum ill will on the West.

While their are plenty of wealthy people singing crypto praise, there is an equal amount of wealthy who do not.

Irrational exuberance.

Crypto bubble will be the next bubble added to the list of why didn't we see it coming.

When crypto's tell people asking questions, you just don't understand the moat/tech/scale/sunk cost protecting crypto from harm, it pops every red warning flag on my body.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't believe that it is the next internet, although, I do see multiple internets happening.

I believe crypto will have many uses, but that holding it like a appreciating asset won't be one of them. I also believe a lot of money will be made off it in the meantime, the corollary being that a lot of money will be lost in the end game.
I'll agree with you to this degree. I beleive as Crypto becomes more and more used as payment it's level of money making in terms or holding will be come less and less as it stables out.

Users who are viewing this thread