BITCOIN

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I'll agree with you to this degree. I beleive as Crypto becomes more and more used as payment it's level of money making in terms or holding will be come less and less as it stables out.

And the green backlash on energy use is just starting, they are all scrambling to say they are 100% green energy only.

New forms of crypto are under tremendous pressure to use less energy.

The credit card companies are watching like a hawk to see which crypto tech evolves into something it acquires or copies into the next generation of credit cards.

quad

Established Member
And the green backlash on energy use is just starting, they are all scrambling to say they are 100% green energy only.

New forms of crypto are under tremendous pressure to use less energy.

The credit card companies are watching like a hawk to see which crypto tech evolves into something it acquires or copies into the next generation of credit cards.
This came out in March 2021.

Visa is piloting transaction settlement in stablecoins on the Ethereum blockchain.

The credit card provider that moves billions of dollars each day in 200 markets today announced it accepted the first settlement payment in U.S. Dollar Coin (USDC), a cryptocurrency pegged to U.S. dollar in a 1:1 ratio, from its global crypto wallet partner Crypto.com over the Ethereum blockchain. This marks the launch of a pilot which would allow Crypto.com to settle a portion of its obligations for the Crypto.com Visa card program in USDC. On the backend, Anchorage, the first federally chartered digital asset bank and Visa’s digital currency settlement partner, acted as a custodian, with funds being sent from Crypto.com to Visa’s Ethereum address at the bank. Visa plans to extend the offer to additional partners later this year.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
1631214565242.png

quad

Established Member
Just picked up another RTX 3090 and will get it next week. I will now have three 3090 cards in my arsenal. I plan to start mining again soon - just waiting for it to cool down.

quad

Established Member
Just picked up another RTX 3090 and will get it next week. I will now have three 3090 cards in my arsenal. I plan to start mining again soon - just waiting for it to cool down.
Spoke too soon. Just received an email that my order was cancelled because I already bought one off the queue. Apparently they don't want that. Oh well doesn't really make a difference to me lol!

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
A look 5 years into the future:

"The Crypto crash is coming. Governments will never allow it to continue and threaten their individual Cryptocurrencies."

-Weatherman

nxhappy

Established Member
Nation States will have no choice but to adopt it themselves or get left behind.

Again, saying someone can do something "cheaper" is a fundamental misunderstanding of Bitcoin and it's properties, abilities, and network.

Knowing what I know and given my time horizon for Bitcoin, I'd prefer to get paid in Bitcoin and borrow against my balance for govt money.
Exactly. Nation states will have their own crypto currency. Or adopt BTC soley. But BTC and ETH will still exist. As a world we will have hundreds of "payments" to chose from. As I said technology is too far advanced, there will be no reason to have physical paper money. The world govts will NEED to have "fast" secure currencies like crypto. Hell, nobody carries cash nowadays.

This is like when people never had plastic. Can you imagine how they felt about credit cards? So new and so intimidating. " no this will never happen" ....the mindset of the old gen.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Exactly. Nation states will have their own crypto currency. Or adopt BTC soley. But BTC and ETH will still exist. As a world we will have hundreds of "payments" to chose from. As I said technology is too far advanced, there will be no reason to have physical paper money. The world govts will NEED to have "fast" secure currencies like crypto. Hell, nobody carries cash nowadays.

This is like when people never had plastic. Can you imagine how they felt about credit cards? So new and so intimidating. " no this will never happen" ....the mindset of the old gen.
OMG. I just saw your edit on your first post in this thread. LMFAO. ****in gold!!

In all seriousness, props to you for not digging in like some would just to save face.

quad

Established Member

Institutional investors now bet on the possibility of Ethereum surging due to its financial market growth. Standard Chartered analysts trust Ethereum’s growth potential can overtake Bitcoin, the first cryptocurrency by market cap. However, technicals reveal that before future advancement, ETH is bound to retrace.

Standard Chartered takes a bullish stand on Ethereum. ETH now has more attention, thanks to the London fork, a recent innovation on the blockchain. The network records that up to date, 224,700 tokens burned with 7,500,000 locked in ETH 2.0 deposit contracts. Some analysts now predict a huge surprise in the future.

Among several financial institutions that have massive anticipation in the performance of Ethereum, Standard Chartered is the latest. From a recent report, the British banking giant sees Ethereum as a financial market filled with different services for users.

This’s from the fact that the Network is a platform for lending, interest-earning on investments, and others. Furthermore, the report explained the possibility of Ethereum matching up to Bitcoin’s market cap through such utility.

Furthermore, Standard Chartered gives a price range of $26,000 to $35,000 as the potential target for Ethereum if BTC hits $175,000.

The multinational financial service firm explains that the target represents a 1000% increase from the present price levels. It envisages that Ethereum will gather a market cap of about $4 trillion with ETH at $35,000. However, this will depend on the impact of deflation of its EIP-1559 update.

Ethereum To Decline Before An Upward Trend

Irrespective of its great potentials, Ethereum has no bullish appearance on a short-term basis.

From the Tom DeMark (TD) Sequential indicator, Ethereum’s daily chart highlights a sell signal. The bearish formation was built as a green nine candlestick. When a pointer of 1 to 4 daily candlesticks correction that precedes the uptrend resumptions.

Validation through a daily close below the $3,800 benchmark level, ETH is likely to swing towards the 61.8% or 50% Fibonacci retracement level. Such important demand barriers levels at $3,350 and $3,050, respectively.

ETHUSD_2021-09-10_03-10-05.png

However, Ethereum dropped to $3,350 that shows a 15% reduction due to the volatility of the crypto market. Similarly, Bitcoin plummeted by over 10% even as other digital assets dipped by up to 20% or more.

It can only take a daily candlestick close beyond $4,030 of the recent high level to disrupt the bearish thesis. By satisfying such conditions, Ethereum will indicate a kick-off of a bull race towards the 127.2% Fibonacci retracement mark at $5,115.

shurur

Established Member

Yet as a substitute teacher. I see kids who cannot log into a textbook and do homework online; they still want paper worksheets. And they are amazed at my not carrying cash since 1989. So some will be dragged forward kicking and screaming.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

You underestimate how conservative many people are about tech and money. Over a billion paper checks written last year, many people only use cash, many many people are unbanked.

Many people who have had trouble turning off an autopay or got burned on a hack become check and cash users.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Yet as a substitute teacher. I see kids who cannot log into a textbook and do homework online; they still want paper worksheets. And they are amazed at my not carrying cash since 1989. So some will be dragged forward kicking and screaming.

10-12% of the population has an IQ of 83 or less, good luck dragging them forward, you are doing great if you can teach them just the basis skills like counting change.

shurur

Established Member
You underestimate how conservative many people are about tech and money. Over a billion paper checks written last year, many people only use cash, many many people are unbanked.

Many people who have had trouble turning off an autopay or got burned on a hack become check and cash users.
I have a cousin who is a millionaire (retired engineer) and never got anything but a paper check his entire career, which he cashed at the bank. He is a ghost.

But I don't think those folks will be able to hide forever.

shurur

Established Member
10-12% of the population has an IQ of 83 or less, good luck dragging them forward, you are doing great if you can teach them just the basis skills like counting change.
yup....first test for some is to actually give them something to count.

Some cannot add-subtract negative numbers or get the concept.
Some cannot shift the place when multiplying.

Some are just Lazy, passive learners.

Edit: Many will be constant burdens to their parents and lose every gain their parents have made for them.

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I have a cousin who is a millionaire (retired engineer) and never got anything but a paper check his entire career, which he cashed at the bank. He is a ghost.

But I don't think those folks will be able to hide forever.

I think the money involved with people who simply don't want to bank in certain ways or are unbanked will be serviced. Money talks.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
yup....first test for some is to actually give them something to count.

Some cannot add-subtract negative numbers or get the concept.
Some cannot shift the place when multiplying.

Some are just Lazy, passive learners.

The lazy ones with normal IQ will get by, the truly low IQ are just screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread