BilletFlow *Billet Hood Vent Kit*

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Doug, would it be OK if I got those back to you after the first of the year to get reanodized? Things are nuts right now with it being Christmas and all, I'm sure you can relate. I haven't even had time to look at my car lately, much less work on it.

dougwg

Established Member
DSG2003SVT said:
Doug, would it be OK if I got those back to you after the first of the year to get reanodized? Things are nuts right now with it being Christmas and all, I'm sure you can relate. I haven't even had time to look at my car lately, much less work on it.

no problem....although I would like to get this resolved asap.

SVTcobraGirl

Banned
Sooo.. how much is a set of these goin for?? Im gonna have some Extra cash around after xmas..i need something shiny to buyy! Lemme know somethin i really like these over the black ones..will be a *nice* addition to the cobra after the repaint!!

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
Why couldn't the stock plastic vents be taken out and painted with a powder-coat like paint solution or regular paint solution of choice? I mean people paint their interior plastic dashes and venting all the time and it looks like it is is a casted original so why not do the same with these very easy vents????? I think even a flat or semi-gloss black truck bed-liner overcoat sprayed evenly over the plastic stock vent would give them an almost raw looking metallic-like appearance.

That would be the first thing I tried before forking out $250 for a couple of heat-extracting vents. If it didn't work I would then buy a set of vents. It seems to me though that if any painting is done right (airbrushed perhaps?) they would look like they were custom made metal vents and you would be saving $250.00 to boot that could go toward something more performance functional. :shrug:

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Sonic Blue GT said:
Why couldn't the stock plastic vents be taken out and painted with a powder-coat like paint solution or regular paint solution of choice? I mean people paint their interior plastic dashes and venting all the time and it looks like it is is a casted original so why not do the same with these very easy vents????? I think even a flat or semi-gloss black truck bed-liner overcoat sprayed evenly over the plastic stock vent would give them an almost raw looking metallic-like appearance.

That would be the first thing I tried before forking out $250 for a couple of heat-extracting vents. If it didn't work I would then buy a set of vents. It seems to me though that if any painting is done right (airbrushed perhaps?) they would look like they were custom made metal vents and you would be saving $250.00 to boot that could go toward something more performance functional. :shrug:

Then do it.

TRiedy

wish i was back in FL!
Established Member
yea exactly.. some people just dont like the stock vents and are looking for something different. just like i dont need an engraved billet lighter knob, or sequential tail lights. jmo, not tryin to start somethin with ya. :beer:

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
HISSMAN said:
Then do it.

I don't have a problem with how the stock heat extracting vents look. That part of the car doesn't catch the eye of people looking at the car.....the engine itself is the main attraction.

Last edited:

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
TRiedy said:
yea exactly.. some people just dont like the stock vents and are looking for something different. just like i dont need an engraved billet lighter knob, or sequential tail lights. jmo, not tryin to start somethin with ya. :beer:

No problem....:beer:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Can someone tell me how this kit hooks up?

Does the vent piece go in, then you put the two side brackets on that have screws that screw into the vent and thats how it is held together?

thanks

overlake

Swedish SVT
Established Member
What happens when you drive with theese things in heavy rain?
Doesnt it affect the engine, electronical parts etc?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
MachME said:
Can someone tell me how this kit hooks up?

Does the vent piece go in, then you put the two side brackets on that have screws that screw into the vent and thats how it is held together?

thanks

there are penty of pics posted that show both sides of the vent. just look. there are pieces on the back that bolts to the vent and compresses against the hood, holding it in place. there is also double sided tape to aid in things and BF suggests you use thread lock on the bolts. i have had NO problems with mine getting even remotely loose.

overlake said:

its a stock replacement part! :idea: its the same thing but better looking and construction. if it was bad for the motor, Ford wouldnt have designed it that way! (ok, bad example to use Ford designers but you get the idea).

these things are a bit pricey but i know from selling billet wheels that billet is NOT cheap. i got them simply because i HATE the stock vents. they look like ass and love to get wax residue stuck on them. i do not have this problem any more with the BF vents. and i think painting the stock pieces is a bad idea and will not come out too good. just my opinion.

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
overlake said:

I drive mine daily, rain or shine, in Houston. We get lots of heavy rain, and I have had no problems running open vents in almost a year now.

Dougdw, I won't be garaging my car so I was wondering if I'm going to run into any danger in have rain pur in to my motor like that? I'm looking to do the hood vent cut out in the underhood mattress.

jester057

Established Member
Are these still available...kinda of new around here was just going through the forums and found this one

Users who are viewing this thread