Billet Harness Inserts for Recaros

13RaceRedShelby

Established Member
Anyone out there have connections with or able to make billet parts? I have a couple designs to replace the cheap plastic harness inserts in the recaro seats. Clear powdercoated, annodized, or color powdercoated, it would make for a very nice upgrade to the interior. There is a company that made them for the FORD GT but that's it... and they were ridiculously priced too.

Ford GT Upper Seat Inserts

Option 1: "one piece" design that would connect the holes, covering the space between the factory holes (similar conceptually to the GT piece in the link above but on the Recaros it would be larger, angled, and not as deep in the center since we have actual seat material between the holes). More of a dramatic look.

Option 2: "two piece" design that would mimic the factory design yet use recessed exposed bolt/screws.

Both options would comprise of a front and back that bolted/screwed together with recessed exposed bolts to compress them firmly onto the seat in place of the plactic clip-together design.

Anyone up for the challenge? I think they'd sell at the right price! NOT $700 like the GT version!!!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I'm fine with mine the way they are, so it would have to really be something special and inexpensive for me to look twice at it…and I'm one of the few who actually have belts through mine. :lol:

Myfast70

Established Member
I can make them for you if you're serious about it. If you want to shoot me a pm with you contact info I can discuss the process in more detail with you.

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
I would definitely be interested in how they turn out and look on the seats. Of course what will they cost is the ultimate question.

Users who are viewing this thread