billet crank sprocket?

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
why won’t the Accufab trigger wheel work with this gear?
Because the Accufab trigger wheel is designed for the old style, 96-98 non-stepped crank gear. Which to my knowledge, no one makes a billet crank gear in that design. So you have two choices with the S869HP. You can use the OEM stamped steel piece or the three letter billet. Or you could have someone machine the Cloyes billet gear to accept the Accufab trigger, but that seems like a lot of BS and expense.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
This is the 96-98 style. You can see the face of the crank gear is flat, actually recessed.
S843-1-ANG__ra_p.jpg

This is the newer style crank gear found in all 99+ mod motors that has a shoulder on it.
S869__ra_p.jpg

This is a pic of the Accufab trigger wheel that has that step missing on the gear actually built into the billet wheel. This is why it will not work with the new style gear like the Cloyes.
upload_2021-4-6_14-28-51.png

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Well I didn’t know that and I was about to order a trigger wheel from Accufab today. I’m glad I didn’t order it yet

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
The three letter company billet trigger wheel is a quality piece. I wish Accufab made one that was for the newer style gear, but that is not the case.

do you use the standard one or the 4 tooth one from them? I’m running a holley dominator same as you just curious which one is the correct one to use.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Little update jegs sent me and email saying that they have been discontinued and are unable to fulfill my order and sent me my money back.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Ford part number for older crank gear is XL3Z-6306-BA in case you want to use the Accufab trigger wheel.

--Joe
I think I’m actually going to go this route and run the accufab wheel. Has their really been any failure of the stock crank gear before? Would just be nice to have a billet one and have everything bulletproof.

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Does anyone know where I can find or has one they want to sell me the old style crank gear (XL3Z-6306-BA). Ordered one from Tasca Ford and they refunded my money said product is no longer available. I bought the accufab billet trigger wheel now I can’t find the Ford old style crank gear.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Does anyone know where I can find or has one they want to sell me the old style crank gear (XL3Z-6306-BA). Ordered one from Tasca Ford and they refunded my money said product is no longer available. I bought the accufab billet trigger wheel now I can’t find the Ford old style crank gear.
Call Autonation Ford White Bear Lake see if they have one in stock. That part is not showing discontinued, so probably just an availability issue.

Users who are viewing this thread