billet battery mount

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
fishin-nole said:
I ordered a billet battery mount for the optima, what size counter sink bolts do I need?

Were did you order the billet battery mount from and how much?

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Summit, look for battery mounts on the web site. Now, anyone know the length of the four bolts? I've seen pics here of them mounted on a L.

Andre

Autobahn Dept.
Established Member
fishin-nole said:
I ordered a billet battery mount for the optima, what size counter sink bolts do I need?

i hope i understad what you mean....

It just needs a small modification on the bed of the stock battery box to make the billet mounting frame to fit in.

Get out the bed and cut a bit of the plastic. Works very well and you can´t see it.

Hope this helps. :shrug:

fishin-nole

Bone idle and work shy!
Established Member
Thanks Andre, I modified the stock battery box and it fit fine. You can't use the bottom bolts to hold the stock box in, but the upper two hold it fine. I took my angle grinder and notched out the front so the billet bottom would sit flush, marked the holes and drilled them with a step drill, ground the bottom of the stocker so the counter sink bolts would sit flush. Then mounted the billet unit to it, mounted all that back to the truck with the two top bolts holding it all in. No need to buy extra counter sink bolts, just use the four that come with the kit.Very easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread