Bikers who quit riding then stated again

tistan

Established Member
I sold my Ninja 636 about 4 years ago because I got tired of having a sore back after riding. Last fall I started getting the bug to get another bike. I brushed it off for winter, but as soon as spring got here, I got the bug again. I find myself searching classifieds all the time. Anyone who found them in the same situation as me, and did buy another bike, please respond. Did you ride your bike more the second time around? Did your regret buying another bike after the first year? If I get another bike, I am going to get something more comfortable this time.

Machdup1

Established Member
I had to give my GSXR. First my back would hurt, then the pain in my wrists would cover up the back pain, then the pain my knees would cover up the pain in my back and wrist pain.

I realized I was too old for a sport bike and sold it.

I strongly considered buying a gold wing, then friend got wiped out by a car riding to work and I realized how much I like cars. My friend will be walking with a limp the rest of his life, but he longer needs to work after the settlement.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I sold my Ninja 636 about 4 years ago because I got tired of having a sore back after riding. Last fall I started getting the bug to get another bike. I brushed it off for winter, but as soon as spring got here, I got the bug again. I find myself searching classifieds all the time. Anyone who found them in the same situation as me, and did buy another bike, please respond. Did you ride your bike more the second time around? Did your regret buying another bike after the first year? If I get another bike, I am going to get something more comfortable this time.

If you like the supersport performance but not the ride try the Ninja 1000r

Its like my 650r just bigger badder and faster

It has really nice ergos with more of an upright seating position

the 1000r is FASTER than your 636 was too :)

tistan

Established Member
If you like the supersport performance but not the ride try the Ninja 1000r

Its like my 650r just bigger badder and faster

It has really nice ergos with more of an upright seating position

the 1000r is FASTER than your 636 was too :)

To me, the 1000r is an ugly bike. My list right now is
Triumph Speed Triple
Ducati Streetfighter 848
Ducati Monster s4rs
MvAugusta 1090r
Ducati Monster 1100s

oldmodman

Established Member
I quit riding back in 1996.
Didn't have any time for it anymore. Now that I am almost retired I am starting to ride again. Same bike that I mothballed back then. A Honda Africa Twin. They were never imported into the US. It was it brought over from Austria and I bought it from the guy that brought it in. It's the perfect bike for someone with a really bad back. It's like riding an easy chair.
All I really need to buy is a new helmet and tires. I don't think it would be a smart idea to ride on 25 year old tires and tubes.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I had to give my GSXR. First my back would hurt, then the pain in my wrists would cover up the back pain, then the pain my knees would cover up the pain in my back and wrist pain.

I realized I was too old for a sport bike and sold it.

I strongly considered buying a gold wing, then friend got wiped out by a car riding to work and I realized how much I like cars. My friend will be walking with a limp the rest of his life, but he longer needs to work after the settlement.

My dad had to sell his Gold Wing because of a medical spend down to take care of my step-mom who had Alzheimer's.

he still has his 1970s Kawasaki and will ride it every now and then.

jshen

Established Member
Tistan

A bike in Savannah?? Man, you do have the bug! I sold mine years ago because of the lunatic drivers here. I have been eyeing a Harley NightRod but traffic here is mighty bad...I am semi retired so I have the time...I just have to think about it.

tistan

Established Member
A bike in Savannah?? Man, you do have the bug! I sold mine years ago because of the lunatic drivers here. I have been eyeing a Harley NightRod but traffic here is mighty bad...I am semi retired so I have the time...I just have to think about it.

I agree, and the traffic here is one of the things holding me back. It was one of the reasons I sold my last bike. I am more attentive when I am ridding. Riding bikes is when I really started to notice how little people pay attention when driving.

The bug usually gets me at the beginning of spring and fall then goes away after a week or two. When I am still thinking about riding when it is almost summer and 90+ degrees outside, I have a problem

jshen

Established Member
The cellphone drivers here are the worse. When I moved here I had a bike and sold it after a near hit on DeRenne...In Atlanta, I would head to the mountains every weekend when weather permitted. Here, A trip to the beach put me on Rolaids..

I like your choice of bikes but don't have a clue who would work on them should the need arise. I really like BMWs but no dealer here. I do not even think about sport bikes like the 'busa as I am a little heavy handed.

jshen

Established Member
Yeah- I can believe that! I'm not so sure cellphones for recreation use was a good idea in retrospect. I must admit I have a phone but it is stowed when I drive and darn sure turned off if I take it in court house. I've seen judges take and trash expensive cellphones.

This thread has got me back on the bike idea..Currently I am preparing for sale a Mac-11, SMG w/Lage conversion- the proceeds may go to a bike.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
I've been off and on with bikes since I was 5. Started on dirt obviously. Switched to sport bikes at 18 and then made the switch again to a Harley at age 25.

My dad got me into riding as he rode and it's something that just always stays with you. Even when I don't have a bike, I think about bikes. I don't think I'll ever be able to give it up completely.

tistan

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread