Big weight difference.

NeverFastEngh

Established Member
I recently bought a 5.4 DOHC to build for my other cobra. I just got the new rotating assembly parts in last week. Forged crank, MMR H beams w/2000 bolts, CP pistons, clevite bearings, and speed pro rings. I was loading it up to go to the machine shop allong with a teksid when i realized how much weight difference there was. So i threw them both on the scale. Both had main caps and the rear seal plate. Teksid weighed 90lbs and the 5.4 weighed 210lbs. Im now rethinking my whole build. Thats a crapload of weight for the inches. I think i may scrap this and then put darton MID sleeves in one of the teksid blocks sitting around. Any one need a 5.4??

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I wonder how much a Ford GT block weighs?

Can you get 324ci out of a Teksid block with a bore and stroke?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
What about the aluminum 302 sold by ford? I know its expensive but how much is it to get the Darton sleeves put in, and how reliable are they. I haven't seen too many people do it, but its a good idea to save the weight.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Throw a stroker kit in the Teksid and call it a day.

If you decide you still want the 5.4 let me know I'll take the Teksid off your hands.

NeverFastEngh

Established Member
What about the aluminum 302 sold by ford? I know its expensive but how much is it to get the Darton sleeves put in, and how reliable are they. I haven't seen too many people do it, but its a good idea to save the weight.

I can have it sleeved for about 1300, they are vary reliable too. If i ever hurt a sleeve you drive it out and put a new one in.

Throw a stroker kit in the Teksid and call it a day.

If you decide you still want the 5.4 let me know I'll take the Teksid off your hands.

I have 2 or 3 blocks.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
I don't know, I would stick the 5.4....those teksid blocks suck. I cracked 2 of them in a matter of 8 months. Maybe I was pushing to much. You were there at mason dixon when that happened. That's why I I got the boss 302 and stroked. Iron will hold up better for the boost we want to push...unless you want to get a sean hyland alluminum block

NeverFastEngh

Established Member
I don't know, I would stick the 5.4....those teksid blocks suck. I cracked 2 of them in a matter of 8 months. Maybe I was pushing to much. You were there at mason dixon when that happened. That's why I I got the boss 302 and stroked. Iron will hold up better for the boost we want to push...unless you want to get a sean hyland alluminum block

I would love a sean hyland buck i havent robbed a bank yet so i cant swing it. You going to be at dixon on the 16th of October? Its there last drag day for the NVMC. It will be a year since we both broke there, well i broke again in June too.

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
I would love a sean hyland buck i havent robbed a bank yet so i cant swing it. You going to be at dixon on the 16th of October? Its there last drag day for the NVMC. It will be a year since we both broke there, well i broke again in June too.

i wont make that one. going to attend ford fever.... Also i'm not even running this year. ive been to busy with work and family. You should try and make ford fever better.

Users who are viewing this thread