Big turbo 4 valve mach

Jonathan Reynolds

Hey there everybody. New to this forum. I have a 03 mach i bought on a bender.
Car had 220k on it when i bought it. And timing chains were slapping the timing cover .
Anyways originally i bought a 99 cobra engine about 4 months ago and swapped it in along with some goodies and ofcourae head cooling mod. Its fast and fun with 410s and sounds great with borla stingers. But recently i decided on building a new fully forged block and going all out and adding a precision turbo. So im pulling out the cobra engine and the mach block is getting machined along with the crank getting polished. Upgrading all hardware and doing cams at the same time along with heads being completely restored new valves and everything and upgraded behives. That being said im taking advice feom anyone who has it. Previously before the 4 valve i had a few notchbacks and a sn95 gt but they dont compare to these 4 valves. Also selling a good 80k 99 cobra engine if someones interested. Thinking about doing. On3 kit and modifying whatever is needed to mount a precision turbo

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Which block are you going to use for the build? Sounds like you’re going to use the WAP block out of that Mach. If the 99 cobra engine is a Teksid block, I would build that over the WAP block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jonathan Reynolds

I was told that if it was a teskid block it would be squared pattern in the casting on center of block. Both are identical with diamond markings so that means there Both Wap blocks,? I want 600hp reliably. If the block will take it. I dont want to lose any torque down low. Was considering using the 99 cams and degreeing then with adjustable timing kit. But mmr kit is alot of money. And i dont know how much i want to grind on the keyway
Basically i want to do it right and on a budget friendly manner. Im doing 90 percent of work myself except for machining. And ii want to do turbo after i get this motor built and running. i apreciate your advice. Any advice i get is appreciated..

Users who are viewing this thread