Big Bend Open Road Race

coleman

Established Member
April 20-23, 2005
118 miles - in two legs

http://www.bborr.com/

I'm going to enter the Grand Touring (GT) Division.
IOW, the 125 MPH class w/ top speed of 140.

I'll just need the following items before then:

1. fire extinguisher
2. five or six-point safety harness
3. Non-synthetic race clothing
4. radio scanner is recommended

Does anyone else want to go?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
My buddy and I wanted to go to this in April. Since the wife and I are trying to sell our house and buy a new house I don't think I will be making it this year. I finally have a car that will do it, and can't make it. :cryying: I am just trying to figure out how to get a 5 point harness in the car without doing a lot of modding for it since its my daily driver.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
The only thing I can really think of right now is to pull the carpet out and put in the mounting plates to the floor. Reinstall the carpet and just cut small slits in the carpet so the eyelets show through to hook your harness through. Other than that, I saw the write up on the guy that pulled his back seat out to mount the harness to the seat belt bolts back there. But the angle of the belts didn't quite look safe. Any other ideas?

Chris

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Chris_H said:
The only thing I can really think of right now is to pull the carpet out and put in the mounting plates to the floor. Reinstall the carpet and just cut small slits in the carpet so the eyelets show through to hook your harness through. Other than that, I saw the write up on the guy that pulled his back seat out to mount the harness to the seat belt bolts back there. But the angle of the belts didn't quite look safe. Any other ideas?

Chris

Harness bar

http://67.15.62.79/forums/showthread.php?t=127707&highlight=harness+bar

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

coleman

Established Member
Do 5-point harnesses require a current rating?
IOW, are they like helmets where an SA95 will soon be outdated?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
coleman said:
Do 5-point harnesses require a current rating?
IOW, are they like helmets where an SA95 will soon be outdated?

Everything I have read on the harnesses doesn't show a rating on them. Most just have the belt size 2.5"-3" and the cam lock or the buckle. I would go with a new 2.5" 5-point system with a cam lock. Anything that is 4 years old or older I would replace. I have been debating which set up to get myself. I figure I will shoot for the 2006 race and hope to be ready by then. I still want to see about getting a way to set up a way to mount them that would be safe. Still looking into the write up Jeff did on his webpage with the harness bar. Thats quite a debate in itself obviously!

Users who are viewing this thread