"BIG ASS" fuel starvation problem

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
I have a problem when nailing it into a tight bend, where the engine stalls and missfires etc. I remember hearing somewhere that there are no baffles within out fuel tanks. Does anyone have or had this problem and know a solution? Any info would be much appreciated.

CanuckCobra

Established Member
NIL8R said:
I have a problem when nailing it into a tight bend, where the engine stalls and missfires etc. I remember hearing somewhere that there are no baffles within out fuel tanks. Does anyone have or had this problem and know a solution? Any info would be much appreciated.

You can upgrade to an '03 tank,might as well do the pump to. Other than that try and keep at least a quarter tank and you shouldn't have a problem.

Did you upgrade the injectors when the blower was installed?

Last edited:

wallie40

Established Member
NIL8R said:

I guess that is all dependent on which fuel setup you are running? Did you upgrade to the 03/4 pumps without the Tank and used the 99/01 tank?

Or

Are you running the 99/01 Tank with a single Aviator or Focus pump with a BAP?

Or

I know that some guys run the Walboro 255 pump... are you running this?

Have you data logged your duty cycle, when was the last time you replaced the fuel filter, are you throwing any codes?

-pAul

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
I bought the car with the blower installed, so I asume it is running whatever injectors Vortech supply. I currently have no way of checking my codes due to not owning a much needed hand held tuner (recomendations on which is best would be much appreciated) As far as the fuel tank, again I will asume it is a standard 99 Cobra tank with whatever Vortech supply with their kit installed.

I am under the impression it must be fuel sloshing in the tank as it only happens when cornering. It's the biggest pain in the ass ever.

wallie40

Established Member
No i dont think that the fuel is sloshing. If you are running whatever Vortech installed you are running the Walboro 255 pump which was not designed for the returnless fuel system. It sits inside of a basket/canister type setup so i doubt that it is sloshing.

Alot of guys i know still run this setup and it works ok. i would have it datalogged by a tuner but i think that the recommenedation all around would be to switch the the 03/4 tank and pump. I think that you can get the whole kit for under $700. Check your local dealer and the one on here.

UCBeau

lol well you got some learning to do about your ride first off. i'd also recommend going with a terminator fuel setup, you can typically find them for sale on the various stang boards. if you buy new, the tank is 600$ if i recall. the pumps are 400$ brand new i believe, but am not 100% on that.

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
Buying the pump and tank is no issue as I have a wrecked KB'ed 03 Cobra sat in my workshop. Tunining is a f-ing bitch, as I am in England and one of a vey small number of British Cobra owners. There is no one I trust to give my car to tune in this poxy country, so I am going to have to do the best I can on my own.
I have no fueling issues from a standing start, just on cornering, hence my initial thoughts of fuel slosh.

UCBeau

try to get someone over here to tune your car..or maybe talk to Nazman cause he was in germany running his high powered cobra for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread