BFG vs. Nitto

firestang19

Established Member
I am in the market for some new tires for my pony, and I am looking at putting DR in the rear, maybe 315s. My question is what is the better of the two tires for all around daily driving, but will still give you the traction when you need it? Also, what is a common size to run with a 18x9 front rim and an 18x10.5 rear? I do like the look of a lot of rubber from behind :rockon: .

Thanks for the help guys.

Silverstangs

Lord Silver ™
Established Member
This is 295/35R18's and they are a little too narrow and a little too tall..

It should be 315/30R18's or at a minimum 305/30R18''s...

silverstangs2.jpg

nastygt

Officially Crazy
Established Member
For daily driving and a little longer life you'd want Nittos. If you want traction BFG's my brother has 2,000 on his BFG's and his are half way down just to give you a idea of tread life he goes to the track about 3 times a month. My other buddy has Nittos and has 12,000 on them and they are all the way gone. I have MT DR's and there great got 1,500 on them. Still decent amount of tread just another tire to look at to.

Wild Bill

Established Member
I would go with 315 Nittos.I've had about 6 sets over the years and they are pretty good and predictable tires.Right now I've got MT drag radials on and let me tell you I will NEVER get them again!On the street they are garbage and Im spinning and sliding through every gear.At least with the nittos after the initial spin once you hook you will be going straight.I've had my car up to 160+ a couple times on the Nittos and they were great,but on the MTs Im afraid ti go over a 100.I dont even want to think about these things in the rain.

skunkt-u

Established Member
coolcobramatt said:
are those 315/305 30's too wide for a 9" rim?
I used 315/35/17's BFG Drag Radials on a 17X9" rim with no problems at all. And I got 8k miles out of them running 28LBS. of air. (daily Driving miles) and 1 burnout at the track.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
I just put some 275's rear only on stock rims. I think daily driving you should be fine with rears only. Im thinking about going with 305 or 315's for the rear soon and switch the 275's to the front. i will be going to the track and road course.

1998GT

Established Member
hey guys what are you guys buying these nittos for i was quoted about 3 or 4 bills just for one i have 17X10.5 in the back?

edit: i just thought about it they were the perelliz(how ever you spell it its to late to think)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread