BFG kdw 2 question

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
thinking about going with 295s in the rear, but would like to know if anyone knows if they are more prone to wheelhop on my 03 cobra.. have 555rs now, and no wheel hop, they dont last long which is why i dont really wanna go with them again..i have a 18x10.5 rim..let me know what u think

nycarpenter

Established Member
any traction comments on these tires with 500hp?

I have mid 600 rwhp and for the most part they are fine. Launch not a shot but for the most part last longer by 2x then the nittos nt05s and traction is almost the same from what I can tell. After 500 you need drag radials to hook and then garbage bags to pick up the parts :)

cluscher

Established Member
I have mid 600 rwhp and for the most part they are fine. Launch not a shot but for the most part last longer by 2x then the nittos nt05s and traction is almost the same from what I can tell. After 500 you need drag radials to hook and then garbage bags to pick up the parts :)

What happens when you squeeze the throttle hard from a roll in second? What size do you run?

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
What happens when you squeeze the throttle hard from a roll in second? What size do you run?

lmao..yeah, what he asked above..

im just leary about buying a street tire that i need to get alot of traction out of..just trying to get alot of opinions before i decide to switch from a drag radial...

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I would stay with the nittos if you are concerned with traction. I had the KDW II's on my old cobra and they were a GREAT DD tire, but I felt like the Nittos were more sticky.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
I would stay with the nittos if you are concerned with traction. I had the KDW II's on my old cobra and they were a GREAT DD tire, but I felt like the Nittos were more sticky.

i need to just suck it up and get me an extra pair of rims so i can put slicks on for the track..just trying to go with what i can afford and the kdws would last alot longer which is what im looking for but still want good traction u know..still want the slam you back in your seat feel

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
The KDW2 is about the best street tire you can get. Sound like you want a street tire to perform like a DR. Sorry to say that's almost impossible to accomplish. I have the kdw2's on my cobra and when it's warm out they hook in 2nd gear. I haven't tried it but i doubt they will do good at the track. 1st gear punch is cool if you don't stab it. If you stab it in 1st it will wheel hop. Hope this helps.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
have you ever made a pass with them on the track? im sure they wont hook from a dig but what about your occasional run ins on the street?;-) what size tire you running?

<--with a plate like that I dont get run ins on the street :bored:

Street tire vs Drag Radial....2 different animals and u have to sacrifice one thing to get another.

However, I will go with a BFG KDW D/R later on. Nittos are fine, but from my exp they wear fast and all Nittos run narrow

Oh, and since this is a Vendor area, go with Discount tire. I have 5 vehicles and I get ALL my rubber :lol1: from em. Happy and a repeat customer since 2001

275 front 295 rear they are a street tire and they are THE BEST I have owned thus far. As compared to Falkens and Nittos.

GL

Last edited:

nekasrof

Established Member
KDW2 is a hard tire. AND its a summer only tire.

" Like all summer tires, g-Force T/A KDW-2 tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice. "

That is off their description. I had a set when the car was NA. On the road course, I thought they were very slippery. At the drag strip(I am the world's worst drag racer) they spun in 1st and 2nd. On a hillclimb, they were dangerous! With 500rwhp, I wouldn't put them on my car unless it was a cruiser only.

cluscher

Established Member
With a 300 treadwear they definitely seem to be on the hard side for a summer ultra high performance tire. That's why I've been inquring, as most reviews say they have great dry traction. Tires make such a huge difference and are expensive as hell, so I want to get it right the first time. Thanks for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread