Bfg G-Force Rival Tire's..

Bingo13

Established Member
I hate to bring the thread back from the dead but I HATE these tires.

I run them on my Evo, and while they have great feedback they do NOT have a high cornering grip. Keep in mind this Evo has Ohlins coilovers, sway bars and other suspension goodies and I've spent countless days tweaking things. They squeal very quickly way before you would think so.

What tire did you run before? I am running the Rivals on a highly modded SVO (444rwhp, '03 IRS, etc) and a Audi RS-4. These tires corner better than any other street-able tire I have tried in years on a dry track (Advan AD08, Ecsta XS, Ventus RS-3, Direzza I/II, Pilot Super Sports, Conti DW, Azenis RT-615K, etc) and feedback has been excellent.

They need a couple of laps to heat up and I run mine about 2lbs higher than Advan AD08 and Direzza II. They tend to squeal a little on the first couple of laps but settle down afterwards. I also noticed they needed a few heat cycles and about 500 miles of scrubbing to really come into their own.

That said I think the Direzza II is a better tire in the wet and I have a set of Potenza RE11-A coming for the SVO shortly as I am more concerned about a balance between dry and wet handling on that car since it is also a DD.

However, I know once the 275/35/18s Rivals are released in July that they are going on the Cobra for warm weather events.

SBVERT03

Established Member
Yeah I noticed when I was trying to find information on these tires, I saw some reviews of people using them on like evo's and miata's for like auto crossing and road racing, but I hadn't seen anybody running them in bigger sizes on cars like Mustangs, Camaros, corvettes, etc. I was waiting to hear more about these before I pulled the trigger on some R888's.

sxecobra

Established Member
these are nice!!! who wants to sponsor me a set?!!

Screenshot_2013-09-26-23-54-20-1.png

Screenshot_2013-09-26-23-52-28-1.gif

Jefe

Established Member
$419 yikes! I think I saw $335 through Discount but now they dont have them on their site.

Stopped by Discount to check one out and they dont have any in stock. No sizes. Thought these were out already. Im seeing reviews online...

Jefe

Established Member
Bump, anyone have some miles on these? Wound up finding a deal on some old school Pilot Sports in 335/30/18 so I wont be able to try these out for a while now

Jefe

Established Member
Why is Tire Rack the only one with these tires? Called local shops, Discount Tire, Costco and no luck. They cant even order them

About to order 335/30/18s but checking with a couple other shops

svtrookie

Established Member
I was considering these tires as well, but I can't find anyone using them. I wish someone would order them and report back to us! If you end up buying them report back!

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
I did, just waiting on shipment. My guess is all the racing teams bought them up track days. The reviews have been excellent

svtrookie

Established Member
I did, just waiting on shipment. My guess is all the racing teams bought them up track days. The reviews have been excellent

Awesome! Let me know how they are when you get them on! What size did you go with?!

Jefe

Established Member
335/30/18s, wide suckers!

Got a call from Tire Rack, out of stock but they get more on the 13th of Dec. He said they are the only ones selling this tire

Jefe

Established Member
275/35/18 KDW2s. Plenty of tread left, they may last 35k miles. I got just over 20k miles out of the 335/3018 KDW2 rears

Jefe

Established Member
Beefy! Didnt have a chance to play with them much. First hit in 1st gear they spun around 5k rpm. Second 1st gear hit they dead hooked. Off the wheel they looked slightly wider than the KDW2s. Car is low enough that it doesnt hit the IRS bolt. 30psi for now, felt very good

20131216_133131_zpsc39acf54.jpg

Last edited:

black-plasma

Established Member
Beefy! Didnt have a chance to play with them much. First hit in 1st gear they spun around 5k rpm. Second 1st gear hit they dead hooked. Off the wheel they looked slightly wider than the KDW2s. Car is low enough that it doesnt hit the IRS bolt. 30psi for now, felt very good

20131216_133131_zpsc39acf54.jpg
What rims do you have and how much power are you making? I have the KDW2's and with the Whipple they don't stand a chance.

Jefe

Established Member
What rims do you have and how much power are you making? I have the KDW2's and with the Whipple they don't stand a chance.
18x11 CCW Classics which are setup perfectly to miss the upper IRS bolt. 463/456 on a dynojet. Ya the KDW2s worked fine for a good while. I drove them pretty hard and was amazed how long they lasted.

Put 20 miles on them last night. Ride great, no noise and they are really grippy. I was weaving back and forth at 50mph on an open road with no tire noise at all. They spin the first time you hit it but are sticky after that. Very impressed so far

Last edited:

Bigggy

Established Member
18x11.5 CCW Classics. 463/456 on a dynojet. Ya the KDW2s worked fine for a while. I drove them pretty hard and was amazed how long they lasted.

Put 20 miles on them last night. Ride great, no noise and they are really grippy. I was weaving back and forth at 50mph on an open road with no tire noise at all. They spin the first time you hit it but are sticky after that. Very impressed so far

So less noise then the KDWs?

Users who are viewing this thread