Beware !!!!!!!

ONEBADMK8

Established Member
MAXRPM's Lightning "HIGH VOLTAGE" is coming together real QUICK !

f150a.jpg

f150b.jpg

f150c.jpg

2500 HP OUCH !
f150d.jpg

f150e.jpg

Burninout101

Established Member
Huuumm Neat Idea, but Im guessing the only thing that it will have that an acutul Lightning has is the ground effects, and front bumber cover??? I dont see how you can accutly call it a Lightning. Atleast Jason Browns truck is a Lightning and then altered. Was this orginaly a Lightning?

ONEBADMK8

Established Member
Oh it will be fun !! 2500 hp ! 6.30's @ 220 plus ! This is a $90,000 Pro-Modified Vehicle to be campaigned througout the us in IHRA.

The 1st and only Pro-Mod Lightning.

L

LightningTuner

Umm, what exactly is Lightning about it? The only thing I see is the cab shape. It doesn't have a Lightning bed, as last I checked, you couldn't get any variation of a Boss 429 in a Lightning :). Like Burnout101 said, Jasons truck started as a regular 95 Lightning, and worked it's paces from a 15 to 11 to 9 to 7 to 6 second truck, and still has all the original body parts, with a little chop of course :D. While it would be cool to see an IHRA Pro-Mod Lightning, I can't really consider that a Lightning. And I REALLY hope that a REAL Lightning wasn't destroyed to use the cab for that truck.

OneFastBolt

Established Member
Originally posted by LightningTuner
Umm, what exactly is Lightning about it? The only thing I see is the cab shape. It doesn't have a Lightning bed, as last I checked, you couldn't get any variation of a Boss 429 in a Lightning :). Like Burnout101 said, Jasons truck started as a regular 95 Lightning, and worked it's paces from a 15 to 11 to 9 to 7 to 6 second truck, and still has all the original body parts, with a little chop of course :D. While it would be cool to see an IHRA Pro-Mod Lightning, I can't really consider that a Lightning. And I REALLY hope that a REAL Lightning wasn't destroyed to use the cab for that truck.

I AGREE 100% with Sal. The quarters don't resemble an EARY Gen 1 and certainly not our Gen 2s, though the cab is similer to Gen2.
In my opinion-for $90,000.00 you could have gotten a fiber-glass body replica or panels of a Gen 1 or Gen 2 so when you call it a LIGHTNING it would ATLEAST look like one. Even IF you use the Gen 1 or Gen 2 front end it will still look like an F-150 you did this too.
Oh. Well, to each his own.:confused:

Dan

BewleysRanger

Established Member
Its not even an L anymore, so how can ou say that it is? Its similar to the 7 second Saturn that the service manager at one of my Uncle's dealership's owns. Painted-on headlights and that sort. Don't get me wrong, the truck is bad as hell, but it is not a true Lightning.

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
ONEBADMK8 I was wondering if you can update us on how the truck is coming along. Hey it is a supercharged V8 f150, thats pritty close to a Lightning for me, but I would like to se the flareside bed on it.

Oh by the way can I take it for a run down the track?

Users who are viewing this thread