Better value: Heffner TT vs. stock GT

IM3CPO

Established Member
I am in the market for an exotic car and ended up finding someone with a Heffner modified Ford GT (Twin Turbo ~850HP) they were looking to unload. The car has 4K miles on it and has several high end modifications done (suspension, wheels, ipod dock, etc.) in addition to the motor mods.

My questions is this: Is a modified GT a worse investment compared to a stock GT?

Don't get me wrong, I am going to drive this thing and am not considering this an "investment" per se, but part of me thinks the typical guy who likes this car and can afford it may not want it modified, so I may have a tough time if I ever want to sell it.....

The seller is asking just shy of $200K.... Is this car worth considering or should I look for a stock one?

SVTCobra1993

Established Member
About $200,000 is how much a used Ford GT will cost, modified or not.

Technically, I prefer turbocharging over supercharging since it allows more power and torque while causing less pressure over the engine. I assume it will be reasonably reliable, even if the low-end power will possibly be lower.

I personally think it's far from a bad deal. You get more performance and exclusivity than if you bought a stock Ford GT, for a similar or slighly lower price.

jes_csx

Established Member
+1. I think its a good deal. If you are really concerned about originality and value you should probably start looking for all the parts you need to return it to stock just so you have them. If it comes with them, perfect.
I was just talking to a local guy who is talking about selling his GT for something new since he can get reasonably more then he paid for it, but I'm not sure how serious he his and his wife insists that of all their cars, the GT must stay :rockon:

Last edited:

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Investment? Stock or near stock will hold its value far better. Miles are the key to prices. super low miles, or heritage, are in the 200k range. Turbo cars are not uncommon in the 200k range.

I have no affiliation, bet here is a VERY well regarged dealer that has sold more used GT's than anyone.

Elite Autos LLC - We are CASH BUYERS for your used Exotic or High end car. Sell us your car for CASH today!

Driving a turbo is a blast, but very different than a SC. Stock SC car has over 400ftlbs of torque at 2000 rpm. Whipples next level that. The turbos have a lag, but when they go they go, but all the power is at the top. Any and all GT, are amazing to drive.

There will be NO other modern super car that will depreciate less right now (or actually possibly increase depending on how much you drive it).

nota4re

Established Member
We have built a lot of Heffner TT GT's and in conjunction with Jason, we developed the "V2" kit which yielded a LOT more HP/TQ under the curve. If you have any detailed questions about the TT car, feel free to PM me.

IM3CPO

Established Member
May have found the right one

I am extremely close to pulling the trigger on a lightly used but stock 2005. Its a little less than the local Heffner modified 2006 I looked at, but I like the fact that it has all the original parts on it. Obviously, the local guy is trying to talk me out of doing this, but again, he doesn't have the stock parts and the Heffner mods are the older V1 variant.

Also- Thanks for the reference to Elite Autos. They seem to have their act together!

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Elite is not the cheapest, but you will get what you pay for. He has handled something lie 400 gt's.

Hope you find what your looking for, you will enjoy the car! As a side note, hopefully you are aware of this site? It is gt specific, and has a little more traffic. The Ford GT Forum

Users who are viewing this thread