Better mod?

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
What’s the better mod That you would do? VMP GEN2R With upper and 10% lower?or just the upper 2.4 that I have on it already with E85. Pros and cons? Looking to Have one of these done by next spring. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What’s the better mod That you would do? VMP GEN2R With upper and 10% lower?or just the upper 2.4 that I have on it already with E85. Pros and cons? Looking to Have one of these done by next spring. Thanks!

What blower do you currently have on there? I recommend sticking with the OEM 2008+ balancer. Doing just the upper and making sure you dont have belt slip are the important things. Making sure your cooling system is up to the task such as a aftermarket heat exchanger is important. E85 will allow for better timing.

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
I have the Gen2R with the 2.4 upper with the supporting mods and a built motor, it made 700 rwhp

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have the Gen2R with the 2.4 upper with the supporting mods and a built motor, it made 700 rwhp

Have a bigger heat exchanger as well

With a built motor what are your goals? Id stick with the 2.4 upper and stock lower.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Gen2R will get you 800rwhp.
Do you have cams?
I’d say 10% lower and E85 will take you from 700rwhp to over 750. Might be able to push 800rwhp
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Who does your tuning?
I actually have duel noisy a pumps and some ID1300s, the savings there buys you a new 15% lower and have both tuned together.
Even stock ‘13-14 cams (Ford GT) are good upgrades (I have those and new springs).
If only choosing one thing I’d probably pick E85 for safety and torque.
the 15% lower should add at least 2# whenever you add it.
The ability to run more timing should make more and add a safety margin when you heat up.
Good luck
-J

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
Who does your tuning?
I actually have duel noisy a pumps and some ID1300s, the savings there buys you a new 15% lower and have both tuned together.
Even stock ‘13-14 cams (Ford GT) are good upgrades (I have those and new springs).
If only choosing one thing I’d probably pick E85 for safety and torque.
the 15% lower should add at least 2# whenever you add it.
The ability to run more timing should make more and add a safety margin when you heat up.
Good luck
-J

Late model throttle in Waukesha Wi did all the performances work and MM racing did the motor good for 1000 hp

69b302

Established Member
A pulley is a easy swap, E85 is a way of life. You can realize far greater potential with E85 and a built motor, but E85 has availability and range issues that will change the way you use your car. More a race car, go E85, more a street car stick with gasoline IMO. My 0.02

Users who are viewing this thread