Best way to seal a hairline crack in a tail light?

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
Not my photo - but dealing with something similar. I know epoxy would work, but I feel like it would get all over the place. Any ideas on how to seal something like this up and not look too bad?

20150124_112719.jpg

oldmodman

Established Member
Clear epoxy would work just fine.

After it has fully hardened sand it nearly smooth with a mid coarse sandpaper. the switch to a finer grit, then to an even finer grit. You want to end up sanding with appx 2500 grit. Then polish the lamp lens until it is as glossy as a new lens. You will probably have to polish the other side too. So it looks as good as the one you repaired.

You can also use fiberglass resin to make the same repair.

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
Clear epoxy would work just fine.

After it has fully hardened sand it nearly smooth with a mid coarse sandpaper. the switch to a finer grit, then to an even finer grit. You want to end up sanding with appx 2500 grit. Then polish the lamp lens until it is as glossy as a new lens. You will probably have to polish the other side too. So it looks as good as the one you repaired.

You can also use fiberglass resin to make the same repair.
Good news is the other light is brand new in box I guess :thumbsup:

Any particular kind of epoxy I should look for? With my luck I'd end up picking something that melts the tail light plastic

Users who are viewing this thread