best turbo intake

jsucil89

Established Member
mustang magics twin turbo mach 1 switched over to the hpp/Sullivan combo and picked up a shit load of power.

The comp orange tt cobra that they built also has the hpp/Sullivan combo and it goes 8's at 165 with a 4r70w fb transmission. when I go turbo, im doing that combo. it just works

what intake combo was the mach 1 running previously?

stangfreak

Established Member
The next time I see the owner of the mach which should be soon ill ask him. I just remember he said they switched over to the same intake setup as my friends comp orange cobra and he picked up a lot of power.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I run a ported sullivan upper/lower. I have a feeling it will be a little laggy, but hopefully with a good tune It will be manageable. I do have 9.5:1 compression and 3.55/28" tire combo so hopefully that will help.

I planned on running a ported 01 intake, but it would not clear my navigator heads. So we will see how the sullivan performs.

jsucil89

Established Member
I run a ported sullivan upper/lower. I have a feeling it will be a little laggy, but hopefully with a good tune It will be manageable. I do have 9.5:1 compression and 3.55/28" tire combo so hopefully that will help.

I planned on running a ported 01 intake, but it would not clear my navigator heads. So we will see how the sullivan performs.

Who did your port work?

I8URLS1

Established Member
320713_574877549199792_1524025916_n.jpg

Tim runs the HPP upper/sully lower and has been 138-139 in the 1/8th with it

RussZTT

Established Member
I run the Sully upper and lower. For under 1200hp its a great combo, flows great.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
if you dont plan on running the motor past 6500 rpms, then dont get the sullivan. Id get a mach 1/01 cobra manifold. You will make more power and more trq up until about 6000 rpms.

RussZTT

Established Member
if you dont plan on running the motor past 6500 rpms, then dont get the sullivan. Id get a mach 1/01 cobra manifold. You will make more power and more trq up until about 6000 rpms.
Actually, you will make more top end power and less Trq with the Sully
stock Cobra intake you will make more trq less top end power.

305Cobra

Established Member
Sorry for bringing a dead thread back but i havent been able to find anything. Does anyone know if the sullivan lower and hpp upper clear 03 stock cobra hood ?

305Cobra

Established Member
I run a billetflow throttle body, with a ported short runner aviator lower and sheet metal upper, had to notch the back of my cowl hood

Nice thats the same turbo im going to run on my new set up what kinda numbers u did and what boost whats ur cr specs ?i just really want to go with sullivan and hpp if it clears stock hood i want good mph

305Cobra

Established Member
Sorry mis read ur original text then if thats the case the sulli and hpp wont clear stuck hood : ( i will go for 01 cobra

305Cobra

Established Member
Just to give you guys an update after weeks of trying to get a hold from Sullivan spoke to him and spoke to HPP Motorsports and it does clear Stock hood as per them ! That will be my setup price is $669 sulli intake ,$199 fuel rails and $399 for hpp elbow which is kinda pricey for a piece of sheet metal but is what i want ! Will post some dyno charts
and video of the set up when is done !

Users who are viewing this thread