Best turbo intake manifold setup

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
I am looking for the best intake for a single 76mm turbo setup? I dont really drive it much on the street, so im looking at the best intake for power and the track? I know about the sullivan intaks and people use 99-01 intakes. What are the down falls between them or which is better. Thanks

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

did we talk a few days ago? you talked about lund, mike at L&M?

the 99/01 cobra or the 03/04 works well. I have the HPP upper and sullivan lower.

since you are dealing with Mike, if you are the person I talked to, and you are doing a motor or some changes, talk to him about cam profiles and stuff. with the HPP and sullivan lower you will probably see more up top but it takes a little more to spool, which really is probably your best bet for power up top, where you will be at the track.

but mike may be able to set you up with a nice custom cam that will gain even more power. like I mentioned to you, juiced46 had a friend who made over 100 more hp than him and the only difference in their setups were the cams. so there is a lot to be said about a properly setup cam profile.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I will have 2 Ported Shortrunner Intakes for sale specifically designed for a 76mm turbo car. I had 2 custom made from Nazman. I dont know if you read my thread about the bottom plate welds cracking. However I am going to have them repaired the correct way then they will be up for sale, since Nazman will not repair them because he fell off the face of the earth. Let me know if you would be interested in it

The 99/01 intakes I have made some good #s on, on both my car and a customer of mine. Most we have seen so far is 860rwhp on 21psi with a 78mm. Mine made 730rwhp through the auto recently with a perfect power curve.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
I will have 2 Ported Shortrunner Intakes for sale specifically designed for a 76mm turbo car. I had 2 custom made from Nazman. I dont know if you read my thread about the bottom plate welds cracking. However I am going to have them repaired the correct way then they will be up for sale, since Nazman will not repair them because he fell off the face of the earth. Let me know if you would be interested in it

The 99/01 intakes I have made some good #s on, on both my car and a customer of mine. Most we have seen so far is 860rwhp on 21psi with a 78mm. Mine made 730rwhp through the auto recently with a perfect power curve.

how much for the intake with the crack in it..pm me please.

03cobra283

GO BIG OR GO HOME
Established Member
did we talk a few days ago? you talked about lund, mike at L&M?

the 99/01 cobra or the 03/04 works well. I have the HPP upper and sullivan lower.

since you are dealing with Mike, if you are the person I talked to, and you are doing a motor or some changes, talk to him about cam profiles and stuff. with the HPP and sullivan lower you will probably see more up top but it takes a little more to spool, which really is probably your best bet for power up top, where you will be at the track.

but mike may be able to set you up with a nice custom cam that will gain even more power. like I mentioned to you, juiced46 had a friend who made over 100 more hp than him and the only difference in their setups were the cams. so there is a lot to be said about a properly setup cam profile.
Yea that was me that you talked too. Im probably not gonna pull the motor so I will just keep the cams that are in there. But yea I had talked to Mike about different cam designs and we could easly gain great power from them, but I have alot of work ahead to change over to turbo. But I was looking at what the best intake to run cause im gonna be ordering it within the next week. I seen a few guys run the sulivan intake with the HPP elbow hat. What rails do guys run with that setup? It is probably what im gonna order. Also the KB sold so I will be getting that turbo kit shortly.

TRBO VNM

for the sullivan lower you have to runn sullivan rails. they work fine, I just wish there were other options. I don't recall your exact fuel setup, but if you are sticking with returnless, which actually, you are returnless right? and just going to run what you have for now, correct? I think that is what we talked about and going with a 75# injector maybe or at a later date right?

for returnless, I have the sullivan FRPS adapter I will sell you if you go that route. I can't use it with my return setup because there is not enough room to fit it.

I can see what I can do for you on the intake setup if you want.

sounds good about the kit. just let me know and we can go from there. I will hook you up like we discussed. :beer:

Last edited:

turbo'd 03

Established Member
for the sullivan lower you have to runn sullivan rails. they work fine, I just wish there were other options. I don't recall your exact fuel setup, but if you are sticking with returnless, which actually, you are returnless right? and just going to run what you have for now, correct? I think that is what we talked about and going with a 75# injector maybe or at a later date right?

for returnless, I have the sullivan FRPS adapter I will sell you if you go that route. I can't use it with my return setup because there is not enough room to fit it.

I can see what I can do for you on the intake setup if you want.

sounds good about the kit. just let me know and we can go from there. I will hook you up like we discussed. :beer:

Not true...I have a Sullivan lower with CPR rails :beer:

TRBO VNM

Not true...I have a Sullivan lower with CPR rails :beer:

Interesting. never seen that done before, but I can tell you, if they are the standard CPR rails, you can keep them. I would never recommend them to anyone. I had a set and have read of numerous people having issues with the welds on the mounting tabs cracking, just like mine did. so now they are paper weights.

turbo'd 03

Established Member
Interesting. never seen that done before, but I can tell you, if they are the standard CPR rails, you can keep them. I would never recommend them to anyone. I had a set and have read of numerous people having issues with the welds on the mounting tabs cracking, just like mine did. so now they are paper weights.

Hummm, sorry to hear that you had bad luck with them. I have had mine on the car for 2yrs and counting and have never had one problem with them.:shrug:

TRBO VNM

yeah, lucky you. I actually just put a set of fore rails on other terminator because his CPR's did the same thing. oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread