best tuners in Phoenix?

IllestSVT

Established Member
Talk to the guys at SVC Motorsports in Scottsdale. They tuned my car and now it runs like a raped ape.

blwn00silvy

Established Member
i know people that have if ur talkin about xtreme motorsports....ive seen drag 03/04 cobras out front z06's u name it. i saw their built 6.0turbo silverado run at truckin nationals today....but yes they do great work with vettes and cobras

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
First choice: SVC motorsports.

Second choice: 1st performance.

If you'd like an example of their work I'll give you a ride in a 6XX/6XX ported eaton terminator on 101 octane and ZERO spray or meth courtesy of Rob @ SVC.

twomustangs

Established Member
Hey I'm moving your way. Any good Ford places in the area. Looks like I'll be living in Chandler. Thanks Dennis

69hahaha

Established Member
Also check out ADC, Arizona Dyno Chip. Keith is awesome with Mustangs. Their located off Ray and I-10 I believe.

hdsupercrewf150

Established Member
Can anyone get me a discount at one of these tuners??? I need a tune for my school Drags and I don't have enough time to datalog and tune myself. I called SVC and they want $400 to dyno and tune!! Shit! $300 I could do but $400! Dam! Help a student out here!

I called Arizona Dyno Chip but they aren't open today so I have to give a call tomorow.

BTW anyone know where to get a rollcage done? I found one place called Southwest trucks or something. They're out far by apache junction. Is there anywhere out here near Phoenix?? One more thing. 5 pt harness. Where can I get one for a good price? Thanks!

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
The guy @ AMP is suppost to be real good.

ADC also has a tuner that is suppost to be excellent as well.

BTW, if you want to try and get a cut deal @ SVC, tell Dave (the guy who answers the phone 90% of the time) that Kyle and James sent you. Mabey he can get Dean (the owner in the back room) to cut down on the price...and get all your loose parts onto the car before you get it tuned (duh).

When are the school drags? If you wanna win them, better hope they happen soon :D

BTW, do you ever hit the Phoenix show scene? Never seen your car.

hdsupercrewf150

Established Member
Thanks for the help. I don't know who I'll be up against but I then again I don't know who has what at UTI. The drags are on Nov. 19, I'm rushing to get a roll cage in and all the saftey equipment in since I have a Vert. All my parts are on except for saftey equipment, aftco HE, PFab IC box and Nos. I probaly won't have time to install the NOS so thats it.

Are you taking your car?

hdsupercrewf150

Established Member
I haven't hit the Phoenix show scene. Pavillions? My car basically sits in the garage collecting dust. It has 6300 miles on it. Mostly highway. I mostly ride my motorcycle for economy and ease of maneuvering or if I really have to drive I use my truck.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
hdsupercrewf150 said:
Thanks for the help. I don't know who I'll be up against but I then again I don't know who has what at UTI. The drags are on Nov. 19, I'm rushing to get a roll cage in and all the saftey equipment in since I have a Vert. All my parts are on except for saftey equipment, aftco HE, PFab IC box and Nos. I probaly won't have time to install the NOS so thats it.

Are you taking your car?

No, I don't go to school there. If you see a mystic vert or black coupe terminator thats Kyle. Cougar also has a 281 E and goes to school there but I highly doubt that thing will be entered into the drags.

100 shot on a ported blower should get you fairly deep into the 10's. I'd guess the only thing you'll probably have trouble with showing up from UTI is an instructors car or something like that.

Let us know how you do.

And concerning the "show scene" (or lack thereof :lol1: ) we mostly hit Pavillions with the occasional sonic.

Last edited:

Phxcobra

Established Member
Why not get a tune from James@RWTD or Sambandit. They're mail order tunes should be a lot less that $400. Dang.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Phxcobra said:
Why not get a tune from James@RWTD or Sambandit. They're mail order tunes should be a lot less that $400. Dang.

Of course they are going to be a lot less. When you pay someone 400 dollars @ SVC they are going to spend 2 to 3 hours tuning your car on the dyno and the street.

SVC was/is the only viable option for a high quality tune here in Phoenix IMHO. They charged me 700 dollars for the Xcal 2 software, a 7 selector flip switch including install, and over 4 hours of tuning time. Then I took it back and had them work out the fine tuning/minor quirks for free. Thats a damn good deal if you ask me, especially considering they were tuning for a newly released radical cam in my 04 cobra. Rob is a stand up guy and his tuning is worth every dime. There is a reason SVC has tuned every big time local 03/04 Cobra with the exception of 1. And that 1 exception has stated in another thread on here that he would have used SVC if they wern't a month out on their business. I believe RWTD did his tune.

If you trust your car to a mail order tune then more power to you...cause if my ported eaton had a 100 shot (i.e. hdsupercrew) on it I sure as hell wouldn't rely on a mail order tune whether it came from Joe tuner at the corner shop or HBH.

Last edited:

hdsupercrewf150

Established Member
I hear you 50 BMG. The only good thing out of a mail order tune for me is that I can manipulate the tune to what I want since I have the Pro Racer software but I could do that myself if I had the time to datalog and do alot or trial tuning. One day I'll be able to and when I do I'll definitly help out others.

I have an appointment thursday 9am at Arizona Dyno chip. Its going to cost me $315.00 We'll see how good they are. They told me they've had customers from various other shops come to them to get a re-tunes because they weren't happy with what they got. So now the tuning will be done. Next 6 pt. roll bar and drive shaft loop.

03cobrazzz

Established Member
tuning

you are in good hands with svc or az dynochip.But i prefer for my dayly driver svc the car feels better with that tuneand they are awsome to get stuff done right.

lucafu1

Established Member
hdsupercrewf150 said:
I hear you 50 BMG. The only good thing out of a mail order tune for me is that I can manipulate the tune to what I want since I have the Pro Racer software but I could do that myself if I had the time to datalog and do alot or trial tuning. One day I'll be able to and when I do I'll definitly help out others.

I have an appointment thursday 9am at Arizona Dyno chip. Its going to cost me $315.00 We'll see how good they are. They told me they've had customers from various other shops come to them to get a re-tunes because they weren't happy with what they got. So now the tuning will be done. Next 6 pt. roll bar and drive shaft loop.

So did you get the tune?

Users who are viewing this thread