Best torque converter 4r70 TT setup?

Ryan2KRedL

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I run a Precision Industries 9.5" in mine.
Foot brake stalls to 3200 rpms.
Transbrake stalls to 4200 rpms.

Cruises great! Never had an issue with mine and that's after over 1.5 years of service so far!

Ryan

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
My last two converters were custom from broaderperformance.com.
One was for a C4 and the one that I run now is for the TH400.
He also makes them for the 4r70.
I didnt have the have either one of them re-stalled.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
I was also going to recommend Circle D. They are very popular in the L community.

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
Do you have it running yet?

I'm at of the country in Korea otherwise I would have it running already. My mechanic is doing the work and should have it done this week hopefully. He is getting some por-15 or actually a brand thats similar bus is suppose to be better and I am having him do that under the trans before he puts it in. I am moving to Hawaii in 6 more months so I am going to coat the whole bottom so it wont rust. Seems like its going to be worth it. Anyways I will be home in a few weeks to drive it around so I will let you guys know how the setup is.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
I recommend the converter I got from you! Lol I love it! My car feels like a twin screw car again! This thing spools faster than it did N/A!

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Man, it's crazy how fast the converter will spool the turbos. I stepped up to significantly larger turbos (6266's) and I would say it spools them faster than the old ones (5857's). The converter is a little tight too and once I loosen it up a notch, it's going to be even more crazy. I will need the boost by speed just to keep it from shredding the tires in all gears.

SVT GI

Established Member
I recommend the converter I got from you! Lol I love it! My car feels like a twin screw car again! This thing spools faster than it did N/A!

See...I told you Eddie lol. I spec'd that converter out perfect. Glad you like the tranny and converter 2001Snake! I tried to talk OP in keeping my old setup.

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
Not a big deal I wanted to get a unit with a little different setup. I'm glad it's working out for you. I know you were a little frustrated during the install but your all smiles now and that's all that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread