Best time to wax?

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
So I've had my truck for a little over 2 years and its my daily driver. Got some vacation time and thinking about at least compounding the hood and roof since the truck sits outside. I've always waxed in more of a shade environment and let the wax slowly dry to a white haze but my buddy says he just does it mainly in the sunlight. Which technique do you prefer or would use?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I think it's going to come down to what product you use. Some say not sunlight and some it doesn't matter. I personally prefer shade because I don't burn my arms off and that makes it easier to work with. As far as wax, I'll let the pros on here recommend what they use because I mostly use "wax as you dry" spray on mine.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I prefer shade.

There are a lot of waxes that specifically state not to let them dry, if you do you'll understand why.

And, if it were me, I would use a sealant. They last quite a bit longer and have better beading properties.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
I prefer shade.

There are a lot of waxes that specifically state not to let them dry, if you do you'll understand why.

And, if it were me, I would use a sealant. They last quite a bit longer and have better beading properties.

So would I compound then use the sealant?

I always work on a cool surface in the shade/indoors/under cover.

I agree a cool, shaded surface would be my preference!

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
^^^Wash, iron decon(if needed), clay, compound(if needed), polish, then seal/wax/coat. Basic order of things...

hoamskilet

Established Member
You are a vampire

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread