best time to buy now or wait?

venmos1

Established Member
im in the market to trade in the saab for an suv. are we seeing the best prices now or are they still gonna come down? some say wait til the new year and see what the govt does with the auto industry while others say now is a great time to buy. looking at spending under 14k. thanks in advance

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I personally would wait it out a couple months. It's still a great time to buy, but when those 08s are still sitting on the lot and they haven't sold much in the past couple quarters, dealers are going to get even more desperate.

Last edited:

KICKDOFFTHETOUR

Established Member
Can cars & trucks get any cheaper? I thought they were all buy 1 get 5 free haha...

I honestly couldn't tell you when the best time to buy is, I just don't know why you want to buy a new SUV. To many good deals on slightly used to buy new,.... I think

Good luck thou

s_x_i

Established Member
I almost bought an 08 STi today... the dealer came off his price $600, so I told him his prices weren't good enough and thanks for his time, but I was going to look elsewhere.

He exact response (I'm not kidding) was a one word e-mail:

"Explain???"

So I wrote him back:

"THE PRICE OF YOUR VEHICLE IS TOO HIGH"

He hasn't written back... :lol: I wonder how long it will take, the guy had 8 or 9 2008's on the lot.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Its tough to say but I don't think things will get much better. I'd say prices stand a better chance of going up than down much more.

venmos1

Established Member
im def not ruling out newer used vehicles. a good warranty is important. i dont want to buy anything that may be axed down the road. and honestly i dont know if saab will be around or not. we have had our saab for a year and a half. everything was great until the last couple months. we have put a couple grand into it. seems everything is going wrong. not to mention the tranny is acting up. saabs are too electrical for me. too many sensors and electronics for me. i hate the fact of buying new and losing 20% driving it off the lot, but on the other hand we tend to keep this for a long time.

i agree about waiting until 09. i would think the govt is going to step in and put some more pressure on dealerships to make more deals and sell leftovers for whatever they can. i really cant see prices going up. winter is in full swing here in maine, so 4x4's are going to be priced where they need to be.

anyone know anything about the chevy equinox? seem like a nice suv

Users who are viewing this thread