best supercharger for 99 cobra??

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
procharger!!!!

I just put mine on this weekend... these are the top reasons why I got a procharger.

1. 3 year warranty.
2. Self-contained. (no oil lines, and no tapping the oil pan)
3. Cheapest, yet advertised the largest power gains.
4. Standard 3 core air-air front mount intercooler. (this thing is huge looking at it in person!!)
5. The way it sounds. Just at idle, this thing has a menacing whistle that makes me grin like the grinch.
6. Easy to install, and the kit comes with EVERYTHING, even the preprogrammed chip.

After the install, though... ive got a few small bottlenecks... one, being my stock H-pipe with the 4 cats. The other being the miniscule procharger inlet pipe.. Get a powerpipe from morpheus performance. Itll add a good 25 horsepower.

This thing is sick! when you really get on it, you can't really hear the procharger from inside the car, but you can hear all the air moving through the piping... and you can the PSSSS of the blowoff valve when you switch gears on heavy throttle... wild.

-Homer

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
I vote for the Vortech. I don't know anything about the Procharger, but I have 10,000 miles on my Vortech all ready and love it. I am making plenty of power, too.

denialdave

Established Member
how has your gas mileage changed?

I guess I should be happy with my Cobra, but everybody wants more power! But I don't want my already low mileage to get lower.

How has your mileage changed as far as day to day driving.?

I'm sure you use more gas when your getting on it, but does it use more when your not in boost?

If so how much?

cobra4.6L

Established Member
Originally posted by IUP99snake
procharger!!!!

I just put mine on this weekend... these are the top reasons why I got a procharger.

1. 3 year warranty.
2. Self-contained. (no oil lines, and no tapping the oil pan)
3. Cheapest, yet advertised the largest power gains.
4. Standard 3 core air-air front mount intercooler. (this thing is huge looking at it in person!!)
5. The way it sounds. Just at idle, this thing has a menacing whistle that makes me grin like the grinch.
6. Easy to install, and the kit comes with EVERYTHING, even the preprogrammed chip.

After the install, though... ive got a few small bottlenecks... one, being my stock H-pipe with the 4 cats. The other being the miniscule procharger inlet pipe.. Get a powerpipe from morpheus performance. Itll add a good 25 horsepower.

This thing is sick! when you really get on it, you can't really hear the procharger from inside the car, but you can hear all the air moving through the piping... and you can the PSSSS of the blowoff valve when you switch gears on heavy throttle... wild.

-Homer
i have heard people say they have had some problems w/ the procharger...what kind of numbers r u putting up??? by the way, i have an electric green cobra vert. yours is very nice

MALTBOY

Established Member
I went with a Paxton Novi 2000 with intercooler. 03 tank and pump 42lb inj and Lightning mass air and I am at 515 hp.:gt:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I had problems with the supplied walbro 255LPH fuel pump, but that is not procharger's fault. However, they have an excellent 3 year warranty, and they replaced the pump without any fuss..

I didnt have time to get mine dynoed or tuned yet. Its still got the stock H-pipe, so I wont expect more than 425-450 horsepower out of it.

Next weekend, when we tune it with the x-pipe, and morpheus power pipe, ill post some numbers. this thing is deceptively fast, though.

Do you have any pics of your Electric Green vert?

-Homer

99cobrajms

Established Member
FYI

Procharger 8LB kit has 3yrs warranty, where the Procharger 10LB Kit has one year.

ATI will not grant a warranty over 1 year for anyone running 10PSI or higher on the P-1SC.

I just got these words from ATI since I just ordered a 12PSI pulley and asked if going to 12 would void my warranty. He said I never had 3 year warranty since I order the 10PSI KIT, 10 PSI or higher only 1YR. So 12PSI is covered during that 1year of warranty nothing is void.

I did not ask him, but I got to think anyone that ordered a 8PSI KIT that buys a 10 PSI pulley will void Year 2 and 3..IMO

John

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
What is the website to this "morpheus" powerpipe? How much is it? Thanks for the quick responses.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'm just going to interject that Steeda and Sean Hyland both offer the Novi 2000 as the upgraded SC on their tuner cars.

BlackCobra96

I'd vote for Vortech. You'll hear lots of options, many of them are equally good. I'd see what your local installer/tuners have experience with.

ForceInjection

Established Member
I like the Paxton Novi 2000, but it's the Vortech aftercooler kit I would have to go with that one first.

Users who are viewing this thread