Best stock replacement speakers?

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
Thanks looks like a 5 and 1/4 ? do you have nav? BTW it looks like the mount of the enclosure uses the 6x8 of the previous years.

No nav. This mount will not fit a 6x8 without a bunch of modification. I think I paid $12 a piece for the speaker mounts that are made to fit a 6x8 speaker.

Here is the link for the driver and passenger side speaker mounts
Item #7 in each diagram

2010 FORD MUSTANG Parts - Tousley Ford Parts Depot
diagramCallOut=6

2010 FORD MUSTANG Parts - Tousley Ford Parts Depot

mhyjek

Established Member

RioRed4v

Established Member
This what I'm going to do 1st because my main complaint is the lack of midrange and treble but who can't use more bass so I will probably end up doing the new 8s and amp!

That was my main complaint as well. The bass to me was decent, but the cost to replace the 8's was a little more than I wanted to deal with. Plus, atleast IMO, they will make a good mid-range speaker. So I tossed in the Infinity's and ran the wiring to install a new amp and sub. If I end up needing more high's, then I'll add on another amp for the speakers.

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
I installed these on mine which has the shaker 500.

Amazon.com: JL Audio C2-570x 5x7 2-way Car Audio Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics

Using the speaker connector harness adapters, they were a direct swap and offer a much cleaner sound, especially with the windows down. You can actually hear the music itself over the road noise and wind rather than just a loud sound coming from the speakers.

IMG_1982-2.jpg

IMG_1981-1.jpg

I also took the liberty to line the inside of the door panel with B-Quiet Xtreme sound deadening

tn_P1050042.jpg

And inside the door itself.

tn_P1050036.jpg

And under the trunk/under the rear deck and all under the rear seat as well.

tn_P1050044.jpg

The amount of road noise that was reduced is astonishing. I didn't think it was ever that bad to begin with but it's quieter than my wife's Audi at this point. the only area that needs attention is under the center console/shifter. At this point, it sounds like there's a giant hole right under there exposed to the road. Eventually I'll drop in an MGW shifter and hopefully the sound deadening stuff they provide with that will alleviate the extra road noise from the center console area.

mhyjek

Established Member
I installed these on mine which has the shaker 500.

Amazon.com: JL Audio C2-570x 5x7 2-way Car Audio Speakers (Pair): Car Electronics

Using the speaker connector harness adapters, they were a direct swap and offer a much cleaner sound, especially with the windows down. You can actually hear the music itself over the road noise and wind rather than just a loud sound coming from the speakers.

IMG_1982-2.jpg

IMG_1981-1.jpg

I also took the liberty to line the inside of the door panel with B-Quiet Xtreme sound deadening

tn_P1050042.jpg

And inside the door itself.

tn_P1050036.jpg

And under the trunk/under the rear deck and all under the rear seat as well.

tn_P1050044.jpg

The amount of road noise that was reduced is astonishing. I didn't think it was ever that bad to begin with but it's quieter than my wife's Audi at this point. the only area that needs attention is under the center console/shifter. At this point, it sounds like there's a giant hole right under there exposed to the road. Eventually I'll drop in an MGW shifter and hopefully the sound deadening stuff they provide with that will alleviate the extra road noise from the center console area.

Nice this what I was thinking about doing as well. How do the speakers sound are you using just the amp from the radio. And my last question is how long and how much time did it take to do the sound deadening work?

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
Nice this what I was thinking about doing as well. How do the speakers sound are you using just the amp from the radio. And my last question is how long and how much time did it take to do the sound deadening work?

they sound good w/stock amp. I'm not really an audiophile when it comes to car audio but there was a pretty big difference between them and the stock speakers...mostly a much cleaner and clearer sound on the road when the windows are down.

sound deadening took a while because I was pretty thorough with the stuff. Getting the pieces cut and applied to the inside of the door was rather time consuming just because you're limited in access areas to get into the door. There is a clear plastic cover that you can pull back to get into a couple of small holes but the main way is just to cut a piece and insert it through the hole where the door speaker mounts.

lining under the back seat and trunk was easy though. Lining the back of the door panel took a while too just because of all the little nooks and crevaces and there are also wires/cables that run through it.

kingnut

Established Member
looks good. how does that b-quiet compare to dynamat? i have a shit load of dynamat at the house. and applying it correctly is time consuming. but man its great to have a quiet interior.

mhyjek

Established Member
they sound good w/stock amp. I'm not really an audiophile when it comes to car audio but there was a pretty big difference between them and the stock speakers...mostly a much cleaner and clearer sound on the road when the windows are down.

sound deadening took a while because I was pretty thorough with the stuff. Getting the pieces cut and applied to the inside of the door was rather time consuming just because you're limited in access areas to get into the door. There is a clear plastic cover that you can pull back to get into a couple of small holes but the main way is just to cut a piece and insert it through the hole where the door speaker mounts.

lining under the back seat and trunk was easy though. Lining the back of the door panel took a while too just because of all the little nooks and crevaces and there are also wires/cables that run through it.
How much material did you use? I want order and start the process this weekend !

Mugzy

Connoisseur Extraordinair
Established Member
How much material did you use? I want order and start the process this weekend !

Just remember, with the CLD(dynamat etc) you don't need more than 25-50% coverage. Any more is a waste. Dynamat and other similar products wont help with road noise. They are a damper. They prevent resonance. If you want to eliminate road noise you will need something heavy like MLV or Mass Loaded Vinyl.

goto Sound Deadener Showdown - Your Source for Sound Deadening Products and Information to learn how it all works.

Last edited:

FastRedPonyCar