Best Short Headers?

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
What is the best quality and performed short headers for the dollar, and where do you get them? Any remcommendations?

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
Well for some reason it won't let me delete this message, so never mind on this thread. I did a search and everone advised to stay away from the shorties!

So Never Mind! :)

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
JBA headers are the best shorties. Don't discount them just because they aren't the best gain. Supposedly they will give around 22 rwhp as compared to 30 rwhp with QMP Long Tubes. Given the easier install and less headaches some might prefer the shorties. I had JBA on my 95 Cobra with absolutely no problems. I am not sure if I am going to go with JBA or QMP Longtubes yet. Since I am not lowering my car I will probably go with QMP Longtubes.

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
My vote goes to JBA 1 5/8" Ultra High Temp Black ceramic coated shorty headers :-D

jba.jpg

coleman

Established Member
if we're talking like $1,000 less overall, i just might consider shorties over LTs.

22 vs 30, 8 hp isn't worth that much.
where do mid-length come in?

LTs are ~ $600, installation is ~ $700 -- ~30 HP gain
MTs are ~ $___, installation is ~ $___, -- ~__ HP gain
STs are ~ $___, installation is ~ $___ -- ~22 HP gain

please fill in the blank and correct my #s where appropriate.
the only reason i don't currently have LTs is (1) expensive, (2) painful [to revert back to original], and (3) ground clearance -- did i mention that they are expensive? :lol1:

Silver 03 Cobra

Check the mods in my sig. I'm pretty close to cars with the same mods with LT's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
22 vs 30, 8 hp isn't worth that much.
where do mid-length come in?
I asked this question before, but now I can't find the thread. What is a "Mid length?" If they bolt up to a normal length X or H pipe, aren't they just "Shorties?":shrug:

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Snakebitten
I asked this question before, but now I can't find the thread. What is a "Mid length?" If they bolt up to a normal length X or H pipe, aren't they just "Shorties?":shrug:

Mid lengths are something Bassani started. They are longer then shorters, but shorter then long tubes. They also only work with there x-pipe with modified tubes before the cats. As far as I am concerned if I am going to go through the trouble of installing something longer then shorties then they are going to be long tubes not some half off.

whitesnake03

Venomous Tennessean
Established Member
Thanks everyone, I didn't know that there would be that much of a difference in HP! And only 8HP between both? Something to really think about! I mean getting the shorties that is.

Thanks Again :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread