Best shop(s) in Bay area, CA for sub frame connector install and other chassis mods

OhhBigGulpsHuh

Established Member
Any bay area, ca folks here that can point me to a shop that doesn't charge alot to get MM full length sub frame connectors installed on a drive on lift, MM strut tower brace, MM k member brace, and steeda rear shock tower brace? Ive been quoted anywhere between $500 (shop uses race ramps to install sub frames...not ideal correct?) to $1200 (stating it's an 8-10 hour job and will need it for two days...does it really take that long to install these parts?). I don't know how much it should cost to get these parts installed and i dont know the prices, so if anyone could chime in that'd be great so I know if i am offered a great deal or being ripped off. I am currently located in the San Francisco/Daly City, CA area. Thanks guys!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Give Custom Alignment in Mountain View a call.. Only people I'd trust with alignment and suspension in the Bay Area.. 2nd option would be take the car to AED in Sacramento..

OhhBigGulpsHuh

Established Member
Old thread...new/more questions.

I've called numerous shops around the bay area and have found ONLY ONE that specializes in alightment and chassis work (shop #1) that uses a drive on lift, BUT they are quoting me $675 and will need the car for TWO WHOLE DAYS to do the job. Another shop (shop #2), which specializes in 03/04 cobras and have installed 100's of MM FLSC using their method quoted me $350, will take 4 hrs to do the job, BUT uses a TWO POINT LIFT. The right way to do it is on a drive on lift and shop #1 is the only one I have found, but for $675 I think that is a bit too much. Shop #2 specializes in 03/04 cobras and have stated they've done it that way on 100's of cobras. Input anybody?

OhhBigGulpsHuh

Established Member
Finally got the MM FLSFC installed on my 03 cobra

Finally was able to locate a shop that used a drive on lift and didnt charge an arm and a leg to install. Steve of WEST COAST MUFFLER & TIRE: Mufflers & Sport Trucks, located in Concord, CA did the install. Google them for their website and see all the services that they do and you'll be quite happy with what thye're capable of. Just to name a few they do exhaust, but they do everything else as well such as suspension (watched Jerry work on an SVT Raptor's front suspension), alignment done on the raptor and a jeep, and of course Steve welded perfectly my sub frames. Steve was awesome in asking over the phone what exact parts I had and he went through what he was going to do. He has done countless subframes, especially maximum motorsports before. When the install was done, he showed me the finished product and im impressed with the install. Same quality work as a mustang specific shop that had done sub frames on my 2002 GT back in 2005. My 03 cobra feels much more solid on the road with the full lengths subs.

mkb116

Established Member
Thanks for sharing, pm me your info and I'll probably go to the same place. I'm located in Turlock. I have w set of the same subframe connectors I would like to get installed.

Users who are viewing this thread