Best prices for Brembo brakes

Adower

Established Member
looking to pickup the brembo gt kit with 6p calipers and 14” rotors for my 98 cobra. Trying to find the best online price. So far the best price I’ve seen is from lethal performance around $3900. Might have to wait for a Black Friday deal in 2 months.

Last edited:

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Look at stoptech, with brembo you pay so much for the name there's many better options out there.

Just put a set on few months ago and it's awesome. So much more control over the brakes and stopping power from high speeds is just insane.

3c6e0a54487dcfd395bcbf6d70206f06.jpg
69206395066086589ef5dfe83bf4f492.jpg
f45cbb776d3cb6c4f10053a47e30ecfb.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I have the GT Kit. Got it from Full Tilt Boogie awhile back for $2400 IIRC. I also have the 14" Wilwood Kit on my Truck from TCE. FTBR is now offering a super cheap Wilwood Kit.. I'd go that route personally, unless you can find the F50's for under $2k, which won't ever happen.

43240538935_03a8f8f0d9_o.jpg
Still a better love story than twilight by BLWNBYU, on Flickr

Helomech74

Established Member
Look at stoptech, with brembo you pay so much for the name there's many better options out there.

Just put a set on few months ago and it's awesome. So much more control over the brakes and stopping power from high speeds is just insane.

View attachment 1519970View attachment 1519971View attachment 1519972

What size wheels are those in the picture? I've been shopping for a kit to fit under 17" FR500's, originally wanted the Cobra R Brembo setup, but they won't fit under the 17" FR500, so I'm still looking.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
18x9 fr500s, those are 14 inch rotors though if you go with the 13 inch rotors kit might be able to squeeze it under a 17 inch wheel

They have templates you can download to verify

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Why dont you get a GT500 set of brembos or the 4pots off of a S550 PP?

Seems a cheaper and easier way to go
The downside with that setup is you have to buy the adapter kit from ftr which isn't cheap and you have to run a wheel spacer.

For me personally i think wheel spacers are always a bad idea. Brakes are not something i would try and do on a budget.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The downside with that setup is you have to buy the adapter kit from ftr which isn't cheap and you have to run a wheel spacer.

For me personally i think wheel spacers are always a bad idea. Brakes are not something i would try and do on a budget.

Is the wheel spacer needed though, in all cases? My 98 has True Forged 18s with the big brake cut. I dont think my application would need the spacers.
Or am I missing something? I assume the spacers are made to clear the wheel?

Adower

Established Member
Is the wheel spacer needed though, in all cases? My 98 has True Forged 18s with the big brake cut. I dont think my application would need the spacers.
Or am I missing something? I assume the spacers are made to clear the wheel?
If you’re going to use that kit you need to run the spacer. The website says it’s required. I don’t want to run the risk of my wheels not fitting with a spacer n

Adower

Established Member

My thought exactly.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
If you’re going to use that kit you need to run the spacer. The website says it’s required. I don’t want to run the risk of my wheels not fitting with a spacer n

Pretty sure the big brake cut on the TF wheels is designed to clear the brakes, negating the need for the spacer.

Helomech74

Established Member
The spacer is probably required due to the fact that you'd be running GT500 rotors which have a different offset in the hat of the rotor (S197, S550 etc. cars have different offsets in the wheels compared to fox chassis 79-04 cars). I think you'd still need to run the spacer with the TF wheels or you might need to run a different spacer (thinner), but I don't think you can get away with no running a spacer at all.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
yea the spacer isnt to clear the caliper from what I know. It is due to the backspacing on the wheel.

I dont know if I see going to gt500s a cheap way of doing it. While yes, being cheaper. What is everyone doing that would need a 4K+ brake kit?

When one could swap to a 4pot gt500 setup with 2 piece rotors, and a cobra rear setup for a lot less and have a massive upgrade for the normal driving everyone is doing.

Hell, I plan on auto-xing and open tracking and plan on using that combo. I also have 3'' studs on my axles so I dont think a small spacer is going to effect me.

Adower

Established Member
Personally I am going to be doing auto x and track days. Car already has a full gt40 Griggs setup.

chao5.0

Established Member
If you want a competition brake setup check out Vorshlag and their Powerbrake offering, personally I'm going to give them a try since Vorshlag has documented the advantages over any factory setup.

Adower

Established Member
If you want a competition brake setup check out Vorshlag and their Powerbrake offering, personally I'm going to give them a try since Vorshlag has documented the advantages over any factory setup.
How do they compare to the Brembo 6p gt setup. Which is more like a race kit.

Users who are viewing this thread