Best place to sell car parts

tistan

Established Member
I have had some parts for sale for a while on a couple of forums and on Facebook groups. I have them priced about half price of new. They don't seem to generate any interest. I'm guessing either enough people have been burned on used forum parts that they buy new or people just are modding like they used to. What is the best place to sell parts?

GodStang

Established Member
I know what you mean. I have piles of aftermarket parts I have been trying to sell for less than half new. Nothing moves like it use to. Forums are out and there are so so so many Facebook pages that people join then click ignore that parts go unnoticed.

tistan

Established Member
I've bought several parts off eBay.
I sold an exhaust on Ebay for $500. I messed up the shipping info so I had to eat the shipping for about $75. I was ok with that until I saw the $100 ebay fee and was like f that and canceled the deal.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
^this, EBay has great reach but you really have to pay attention when you set your price. The fee and shipping gimmicks will erase your profits

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Depending on the part, and if shipping can be a pita, I find it just comes down to listing it for sale at the right time.

I've seen aftermarket raptor shocks either sit for months or go within two days, for example. Parts that still can fetch 1500-2k+, used. Either on FB or car specific forums.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Corral is my go to still. I feel like someone should create a dedicated website just to used parts. Whether it be mustang or not. They've all dried up and even with facebook market, theirs a real vacuum of the void left.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Corral is my go to still. I feel like someone should create a dedicated website just to used parts. Whether it be mustang or not. They've all dried up and even with facebook market, theirs a real vacuum of the void left.

what sucks about FB market is you have to search for the part or just happen to come across it when its listed. or scroll forever. unlike the forums where you can quickly peruse parts based on category and sellers can easily bump the ad.

Terminator Dave

Established Member
I have had some parts for sale for a while on a couple of forums and on Facebook groups. I have them priced about half price of new. They don't seem to generate any interest. I'm guessing either enough people have been burned on used forum parts that they buy new or people just are modding like they used to. What is the best place to sell parts?
I have the same issues, but I haven't given EBay much of a chance. I have electronic gear as well. Nothing's worth anything, and the cost to ship is prohibitive.

Sent from my 2PS64 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

beau t

Established Member
I have the same issues, but I haven't given EBay much of a chance. I have electronic gear as well. Nothing's worth anything, and the cost to ship is prohibitive.

if you have a Fastenal in your area they ship for a lot less than others (from store to store)

Terminator Dave

Established Member
Sorry. No such luck. We have everything else. Something funny, Fed Ex is actually allot cheaper than UPS or USPS. I think UPS bit their own head off after the strike years ago. I think someone told me that Fed Ex is not unionized.

Sent from my 2PS64 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tistan

Established Member
I just sold a fast lsxr intake and It cost me $63 to ship through ups. Post office wanted $69 and fedex was over $80. It was in a 25lb box that was 28L x 17W x 11H. Shipping prices are insane right now. Shippers must be really sticking it to us little guys so that Amazon can ship everything for nothing.

tistan

Established Member
what sucks about FB market is you have to search for the part or just happen to come across it when its listed. or scroll forever. unlike the forums where you can quickly peruse parts based on category and sellers can easily bump the ad.
That is exactly what I've run into with facebook. The other problem is that a lot of the car forums have updated with in the last year or so and none of my passwords seem to work. Admin on a lot of these have failed to respond to my numerous messages. You can't just start over and sell as most places now have a minimum post count before you can do classifieds.

Users who are viewing this thread