• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Best place to buy AR-15, 5.56, and 9mm?

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by Nukem1040, Jan 6, 2021.

1. BlckBox04

BlckBox04 I am the liquor Premium Member Established Member

What is this concealed carry you guys talk about?

PhoenixM3 likes this.
  2. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Premium Member Established Member

It’s the straight version of open carry.....

Dusten and RedVenom48 like this.
  3. BlckBox04

BlckBox04 I am the liquor Premium Member Established Member

is that like when you’re actually allowed to carry your shootie shoot around with you? Like a good ole cowboy?

Dusten and PhoenixM3 like this.
  4. SHOdown220

SHOdown220 Well-Known Member Established Member

NC let's you skip the background check and pistol purchase permit if you have CCW permit. Still have to fill out the form but you just put down your info and leave with your gun. No waiting for instant check or anything

BOOGIE MAN and jeffh81 like this.
  5. jeffh81

jeffh81 Here’s KingBlack Established Member

Good for yall. Buying guns is a constitutional right and should be treated as such. Back in the day you could get guns delivered to your house and no background checks. Those had to be some good days

blackfang, Nukem1040 and RedVenom48 like this.
  6. SHOdown220

Double post

7. blubyu87gt

blubyu87gt Well-Known Member Established Member

SC is the same.

I tried to use a pocket constitution as my NICS bypass. It didn't work so had to revert back to the CWP lol

Also, a lot of big box sporting goods stores still have you do the background check regardless. So it's state/retailer. I wouldn't even try to buy a gun from places that did that. Sadly, FNs Pro Shop (they have the manufacturing facility here) was one of those places. I know a lot of people that spent money elsewhere on different brands because of this.

RedVenom48 likes this.
  8. BOOGIE MAN

BOOGIE MAN Logic and Reason Established Member

Add NC (as said above) and FL to that list

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

9. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Premium Member Established Member

Yes, and I can do that, but don't think it's wise to advertise that I'm strapped.

blackfang likes this.
  10. jeffh81

Wow. Im glad everyone else is getting on board.

11. RedVenom48

RedVenom48 Ghost Editor-in-Chief Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

I could be wrong, but I think New Mexico finally recognizes AZ CCW permits.

I can drive from AZ east and conceal carry pretty much to Florida now. Ok, time to go get it then.

12. jshen

jshen Well-Known Member Established Member

Untitled.png Untitled.png
    A little digging in the codes of states show how confusing they can be. In short-if you have N.C. or GA permit- automatically recognized.
    Concealed carry is legal for residents with a South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permits (CWP) and for non-residents with a license/permit from a state that South Carolina honors. ... In terms of reciprocity, South Carolina does not honor non-resident permits from other states.Sep 3, 2020.
    Which states have reciprocity agreements with South Carolina?
    • Alaska Arizona Arkansas Florida Georgia Idaho1 Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Michigan Minnesota Mississippi3 Missouri Nebraska New Mexico North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma South Dakota2 Texas Tennessee Virginia West Virginia Wyoming.
    However reading straight from the Code: S.C statute: 23-31-215:

(N)(1) Valid out-of-state permits to carry concealable weapons held by a resident of a reciprocal state must be honored by this State, provided, that the reciprocal state requires an applicant to successfully pass a criminal background check and a course in firearm training and safety. A resident of a reciprocal state carrying a concealable weapon in South Carolina is subject to and must abide by the laws of South Carolina regarding concealable weapons. SLED shall maintain and publish a list of those states as the states with which South Carolina has reciprocity.
    SC Code 23-31-215 Issuance of permits (South Carolina Code of Laws (2019 Edition))

"(2) Notwithstanding the reciprocity requirements of item (1), South Carolina shall automatically recognize concealed weapon permits issued by Georgia and North Carolina." SC Code 23-31-215 Issuance of permits (South Carolina Code of Laws (2019 Edition)) SLED (sc.gov)

The above is the new map! Courtesy of SLED who will not let you copy their address so I did a print screen

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  13. triple-s

triple-s Well-Known Member Established Member

Just found this pic my girlfriend sent me just before the pandemic. She was getting workout clothes and I told her to get me 4 boxes just incase dam I miss those prices. 20200309_142236.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

14. 1o1proof

1o1proof Active Member Established Member

Went to a gun show yesterday, found the exact opposite of what was expected. Very limited selection of guns but there was ammo to be had. We stopped by 1 booth and dude had a case of 224, when asked how much he calmly replied $1000. Another had 7.62x39 at close to 1.25/round, I still do not understand that one.

But, if you bought enough they would drop prices to about what you see online. I now need to work a couple days of overtime.

delvin.a likes this.
  15. BOOGIE MAN

BOOGIE MAN Logic and Reason Established Member

Range I went to yesterday had all calibers (unexpected) but was expensive (expected). 1 box of 556 was 24.99 (~1.30+/rd with taxes) or 27.99 for green tip (~1.50/rd)

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

16. SHOdown220

I'm just planning on cutting back on range trips, I'm not paying 4-5x normal cost for ammo, I have a reasonable inventory anyways. I'll still pick it up if I find it for normal prices but otherwise ill wait for it to start coming back in stock.

1o1proof likes this.
  17. Lambeau

Lambeau Superfleck Moonbird Established Member Malt Liquor Mafia

jeffh81 and 1o1proof like this.
  18. thomas91169

thomas91169 # of bans = 5203 Established Member

Hope they figure it out soon, finally building my first AR and need some ammo for testing.

19. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Although I don't follow the situation closely, there doesn't seem to be a big ammo shortage here In Canada. I just ordered 1000 rounds of bulk 9mm for $290CAD or $230US. 820 rounds of bulk 5.56 green tip cost me $580CAD or $460US. Browsing around at different sites there's plenty of selection at descent prices. Stock of guns though seems to be sparse at online retailers.

DSG2003Mach1 and jeffh81 like this.
  20. jeffh81

thats a damn good buy...now get finished on your truck. Im done waiting to see the finished product

DSG2003Mach1 and olympic like this.