Best Pizza in America???

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The best pie in the world is in Trenton NJ. Delorenzos being the best, Papas 2nd. NYC is 2nd.

they're actually not in Trenton anymore because of how lovely the town is and how nice their neighbors were

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Wrong! I'd be happy to show the way to enlightenment if you ever make it out this way. Chicago own sausage, bad mustaches, and thick loaves of bread with sauce.

Crazy that most people prefer the pizza they grew up with... But Chicago (besides having the best pizza) owns the Italian beef market. Go get a beef anywhere else and it's not the same. Probably won't even have delicious giardiniera on it.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I've lived in CT just outside of New Haven most of my life and out of the big 3 that OP went to Modern Apizza is my favorite. That being said there are a ton of good pizza places in New Haven and the surrounding towns. CT, NY, NJ all have a lot of good Pizza places. To me it doesn't matter what style it is(thin, Chicago, Detroit, Greek), as long as it's pizza I'm happy to eat it.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Meh, never been up north so I guess I don't know what real pizza is. I did spend two years in Sicily, ate alot of pizza there. Here are the few I enjoy..
Hometown Pizza Place, Hideaway...when you like CHEESE. Crestview, Florida
5217_10153745713015928_6789176076179291008_n.jpg

Charleston Pizza Company....Charleston, SC
425874_10151267328390928_717886853_n.jpg

Andolini's Pizza, Charleston, SC
10440927_10153140383255928_6643421902018642752_n.jpg

Last edited:

Intervention302

Established Member
Ironically more than half of the best places are in ny & nj
The Chicago/Detroit style just doesn't look appealing to me personally.

I don't like pan pizzas. But I'd still give them a shot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ironically more than half of the best places are in ny & nj
One of them is here in Charleston, Evo's. Consequently it is located directly across the street from one of the pics I posted above, I chose poorly. HAHA

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
The Chicago/Detroit style just doesn't look appealing to me personally.

I don't like pan pizzas. But I'd still give them a shot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan either but I would try it also

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
One of them is here in Charleston, Evo's. Consequently it is located directly across the street from one of the pics I posted above, I chose poorly. HAHA

lol, I mean you were close

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
they're actually not in Trenton anymore because of how lovely the town is and how nice their neighbors were

Correct. DeLo Hamilton ave moved to Hamilton Twp and DeLo Hudson & Papa's moved to Robbinsville where all the Burger bits fled to.

Crazy that most people prefer the pizza they grew up with... But Chicago (besides having the best pizza) owns the Italian beef market. Go get a beef anywhere else and it's not the same. Probably won't even have delicious giardiniera on it.

I have no idea what a "Beef" is so I'll just take your word for it. As for Chicago pizza I will say this. I would love to try it if I ever get out there.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Artichoke down in the East Village is really good.

Yes the Pizza Masters on tv........have watched their show for a long time. Really want to try their pies but don't get into the village much anymore. I generally only do pepperoni or plain cheese on my pie but their Artichoke pie looks real good.

About | Artichoke Basille's Pizza

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
The worst pizza I ever had was Pizza Delight in Canada https://www.pizzadelight.com/labrador-city
And by worst I'm including my 2nd grade lunch lady's creation of a hamburger bun with sauce and slice of cheese.
I love my Canadians, but they put nutmeg or some crap in everything including their sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread