Best Pizza in America???

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
No question about that. Have been there and done that. But my favorite pizza since I grew up outside NYC and went to school there for 4 years will always be NYC pizza. Cali and Florida have the worst pizza. Not too edible. Probably the only good ones are the pizza makers who import their water from NY. The hidden secret of NYC pizza is upstate NY water.
You think companies actually import their water from ny? Lmao

There's a bagel chain in fla that plays the same game. They don't actually import the water, they just add the minerals to it to try to match the composition of NY water.

Seriously, "import their water?" Hahahaha! Think of the cost.

*Edit*
Unless the guy/gal behind the counter calls their cheese mozz/muzz, it's not a real pie

*edit 2*
Link to the bagel place I referenced:
About - Brooklyn Water Bagels

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

04MysticCobra

Established Member
You think companies actually import their water from ny? Lmao

There's a bagel chain in fla that plays the same game. They don't actually import the water, they just add the minerals to it to try to match the composition of NY water.

Seriously, "import their water" hahahaha. Think of the cost.

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Lol....guess that would not work out too well. They are certainly not succeeding in their quest and Bagels especially are garbage outside NYC and NJ.

Intervention302

Established Member
Why? The north east doesn't have the best of anything except liberal crybabies.
Aside from some of the best sports franchises in all of sports.

And just cause of NY, MA, and CT are liberal, don't mean the others are.

NH is bad ass. We have constitutional carry. We have multiple firearm manufacturers here as well. My Sig handguns are made 30 mins from my house

And finally no sales tax, or tax on booze haha.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
This thread LOL.

If you think Chicago pizza is trash, quite frankly, you have no taste in food.

And yes, pizza in Italy is the best, even though it wasn't invented there.
then where was it invented. The tomato, cheese and sauce pizza what we eat is 100% italian.

I was born in italy. Frosinone. Its all farm and old cities. There are 10,000 pizzerias here in america on every corner and I never smell pizza. In italy, you can have one pizzeria, and you can smell it a mile away.

To me, there is no good pizza here. Its tolerable, I live on long island ny and have access to a lot of good places. You got grimaldis in garden city, dani's in kew garden, I know some spots in white stone. You got new park pizza in howard beach. The list goes on. Is it good? I guess. Is it pizza? For me? no. I tolerate it.

In italy we have places that you can walk in at 3am where they are making fresh bread but also make pizza. They sell it by weight. The smell, the taste, forge it. forza italia!!!

Last edited:

Saleen498

Established Member
I'm from ct and living in boston now. FrAnk pepe's white pie, extra clams and extra garlic is hands down the best pizza I have ever had. However if we are talking a basic bitch cheese pizza, santarpios in east boston beats out anything I've had in Connecticut or new York. I'm not even going to entertain a discussion that includes pizza outside the northeast. We do pizza better, the inland states do politics better.

and Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.

ViciousJay

Established Member
My fav place just closed (mom and pop shop) :( it had two locations and was insanely good. I like silicon sauce more than the boots sauce. It's got a tangier flavor vs a sweet one, I'm on the lookout for a new place but it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Not many places can make a doughy double dough with extra sauce

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
The best pie in the world is in Trenton NJ. Delorenzos being the best, Papas 2nd. NYC is 2nd.

Intervention302

Established Member
I'm from ct and living in boston now. FrAnk pepe's white pie, extra clams and extra garlic is hands down the best pizza I have ever had. However if we are talking a basic bitch cheese pizza, santarpios in east boston beats out anything I've had in Connecticut or new York. I'm not even going to entertain a discussion that includes pizza outside the northeast. We do pizza better, the inland states do politics better.

and Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself.
I'm trying Santarpio's this Sunday. I'm excited

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ViciousJay

Established Member
The best pie in the world is in Trenton NJ. Delorenzos being the best, Papas 2nd. NYC is 2nd.
Sorry NY/NJ you guys own the hotdog, here in Chicago we own pizza like Cali owns sushi and chinese food and Philly the cheesesteak

ViciousJay

Established Member
Canada owns coffee. lol
Actually the best coffee I ever had was from Hawaii, when I first joined I was dating a girl who's parents lived on the big island and got full beans from local vendors who grew them in the volcanos and I'll tell you what I miss the taste so much even after 15 years. It was the most amazing brew smell and taste I've ever had.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Sorry NY/NJ you guys own the hotdog, here in Chicago we own pizza like Cali owns sushi and chinese food and Philly the cheesesteak

Wrong! I'd be happy to show the way to enlightenment if you ever make it out this way. Chicago own sausage, bad mustaches, and thick loaves of bread with sauce on it.

Canada owns coffee. lol
Canada own owns brown beer, gravy on every fricking thing, and politeness.

noco5.0

Established Member
I'm more of a BBQ snob being born in Texas and living in Kansas City from junior high-college. I like good pizza though. We have a place in Colorado with a couple of locations that's pretty good.
Right Coast Pizza | Jersey Style Pizza I also enjoyed the pizza in the Little Italy area of San Diego when I visited a few years ago.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
oidCJ9&_nc_ohc=punCfnRTDPYAQn4wS-LLoyjr_9U617PBBnWI2uDfFqJeiiaa247h0O4LA&_nc_ht=scontent.fiws1-1.jpg

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Right. Try indirectly on the grill sometime if you haven't already. Not apples to apples, but close
I've sorta done that. Take a large tortilla, very thin sauce, cheese, a couple of toppings and cook it on the grill for a couple of minutes. Darn tasty thin crust in a hurry.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Meh, it's all garbage when compared to pizza in Italy (Naples)...but pizza is like sex, even bad pizza is good.
Having just came from living there for several years, I'd have to agree. You'd be amazed at the subtle differences between pizza in Sicily, Rome, and Venice too. Part of the reason that Italian food is awesome there is because there is about 14 different flours used depending on the dish i.e. pizza dough requires X type flour, while pasta and pastries use other types.

Users who are viewing this thread