Best Pizza in America???

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Pizza Shoppe in Olathe, KS FTW!!!

Wife used to live in Chicago as a kid and they went to Lou Malnati's a lot. Once a year or so we'll order a couple pizza's from there to have shipped to our house and while it's good, I would love to try it in person.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes they are down there sparingly. My favorite pizza maker and knew him for years in Pine Island NY moved to Florida over 20 years ago. Was very sad when he left. Have no idea exactly what part of Florida but some people there are benefiting with great pizza.

A majority of pizzeria's in florida are owned by people who moved from ny

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Good to hear that all our piss goes to NYC since all we get from them is shit.

Yes thank god for NY state water or there would be no good pizza in many places. I live 4 miles from NY state.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Everyone has different tastes and ways they like their Pizza. I pretty much don't eat pizza without pepperoni. If not lots of red pepper flakes.

If ever in North NJ a trip to Kinchley's Tavern in Ramsey NJ is a must. They have the best thin crust pizza on the planet. Have been there since 1937. Its a landmark.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
Being from NJ, I loved some boardwalk pizza. I recently had some pizza in Lexington NC from Time Square pizza and it is by far the best pizza I have had down here, reminded me of home.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Everyone has different tastes and ways they like their Pizza. I pretty much don't eat pizza without pepperoni. If not lots of red pepper flakes.

If ever in North NJ a trip to Kinchley's Tavern in Ramsey NJ is a must. They have the best thin crust pizza on the planet. Have been there since 1937. Its a landmark.

there's good pizza everywhere in jersey

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Pizza Shoppe in Olathe, KS FTW!!!

Wife used to live in Chicago as a kid and they went to Lou Malnati's a lot. Once a year or so we'll order a couple pizza's from there to have shipped to our house and while it's good, I would love to try it in person.

Lous frozen pizzas are solid but no where near as good as going to the actual restaurant. We usually bring a few up north with us sledding since the pizza up there is garbage for the most part.

Oh and deepdish is the best.

Intervention302

Established Member
I'm sorry but there's just no way this is better than 99% of the pizza in ny
According to Barstool, New Haven is the pizza capital of the country. His words not mind lol
Meh, it's all garbage when compared to pizza in Italy (Naples)...but pizza is like sex, even bad pizza is good.
I'll give you that
The only positive I can see is the decent crust charring from a wood fired oven.

No visible hot peppers
Non-existent meat
Too much edge distance

These are sad attempts to clone Italian pizzas that are only made like they are because they can't afford toppings. Throw some spinach and pineapple on them and move to California. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I wouldn't take the gift of these open faced grilled cheese sandwiches.

Good thread topic, though.
I honestly prefer plain cheese

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Intervention302

Established Member
lol

I've actually never heard that before
Yeah there is only one spot in all of NY he said compares to Sally's Apizza in New Haven. At least if you feel his reviews are accurate. That was John On Bleecker Street.

Ill find the footage later

Intervention302

Established Member
The only positive I can see is the decent crust charring from a wood fired oven.

No visible hot peppers
Non-existent meat
Too much edge distance

These are sad attempts to clone Italian pizzas that are only made like they are because they can't afford toppings. Throw some spinach and pineapple on them and move to California. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I wouldn't take the gift of these open faced grilled cheese sandwiches.

Good thread topic, though.
2 of the 3 pictured in OP are actually coal fired

Coiled03

Established Member
This thread LOL.

If you think Chicago pizza is trash, quite frankly, you have no taste in food.

And yes, pizza in Italy is the best, even though it wasn't invented there.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
This thread LOL.

If you think Chicago pizza is trash, quite frankly, you have no taste in food.

And yes, pizza in Italy is the best, even though it wasn't invented there.

I actually like chicongo deep dish, one or two slices is a ****ing meal. I don’t think of it as pizza in the traditional sense, but it’s good.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
And here I am, traveled the world eating pizza, thinking the stuff from Costco is pretty dang tasty.

Had an Italian colleague back in Italy who's favorite pizza was Pizza Hut. Everytime he visited our office stateside, the first place he'd want to go was Pizza Hut.

Users who are viewing this thread