Best organic multi-vitamins?

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
As the title says. What are some brands of good vitamins for general overall health. I'm very organic with everything i eat. I'm on a pretty well balanced diet and i work out. So i'm just looking for something that is good for my health now and in the future.

I looked up some brands such as, orovo.. and centrum. If you guys can point me out to something better.. or the right kind that'll work for me, please do. I'm clueless when it comes to vitamins/supplements. Thanks a bunch.

boatcop1

Established Member
As the title says. What are some brands of good vitamins for general overall health. I'm very organic with everything i eat. I'm on a pretty well balanced diet and i work out. So i'm just looking for something that is good for my health now and in the future.

I looked up some brands such as, orovo.. and centrum. If you guys can point me out to something better.. or the right kind that'll work for me, please do. I'm clueless when it comes to vitamins/supplements. Thanks a bunch.

Centrum?:bash:

Look into Orange Triad by Controlled Labs

venmos1

Established Member
dont take any multivitamin that is in pill form. pills have a best of 15-25% bio availability due to the binders and fillers. the most advanced nutraceutical out there is the isotonix supplement line. it is in powder form and when mixed with the correct amount of water it becomes an isotonic solution (same pressure as blood, sweat and tears). when ingested the body recognizes it as in a natural state and opens the pyloric valve and it goes into the small intestines, where uptake occurs. studies have shown to be into the body in 7-10 minutes vs pills that take 4 hours, if they are broken down at all. there are many many studies out there that have found pills in sewer systems that you can still read centrum on. plus they can get clogged in colon and other parts of body. plus isotonix supplements have 95% bioavailability. most efficient for your money period. can be found on lifessimplesolutions dot com

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
dont take any multivitamin that is in pill form. pills have a best of 15-25% bio availability due to the binders and fillers. the most advanced nutraceutical out there is the isotonix supplement line. it is in powder form and when mixed with the correct amount of water it becomes an isotonic solution (same pressure as blood, sweat and tears). when ingested the body recognizes it as in a natural state and opens the pyloric valve and it goes into the small intestines, where uptake occurs. studies have shown to be into the body in 7-10 minutes vs pills that take 4 hours, if they are broken down at all. there are many many studies out there that have found pills in sewer systems that you can still read centrum on. plus they can get clogged in colon and other parts of body. plus isotonix supplements have 95% bioavailability. most efficient for your money period. can be found on lifessimplesolutions dot com

any idea where i can get this? it makes a lot of sense... pills do take a while to break down.. but there are some pills that come in a soft shell. its like swallowing a rock with those centrum pills.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
If you're eating a healthy, balanced diet, why do you think you need a multi-vitamin? I don't care so much for the organic origin of my vitamin so I'm a fan of Activite Sport available at bodybuilder.com. Good luck in your search.

ff500

Established Member
I take the opti-men (optimunnutrition.com ) from the vitamin shop along with a 1000 mg flax seed oil softgel pill, twice a day.

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member

Umm, this is is what happens with pretty much everything we eat :dw:

venmos1

Established Member
Umm, this is is what happens with pretty much everything we eat :dw:

yes but it takes much longer to get a pill into that form where it becomes an isotonic solution (natural state). with the isotonix supplements, they are in an isotonic form as soon as you drink them. wouldnt you rather take something that is into your blood stream and working within 10 minutes vs something that takes 4 hours if it at all? research it. also, we cannot get the vitamins and nutrients we need from food. the quality just isnt there. supplementation is very important. talk to any nutritionist, they will recommend a multi vitamin.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
yes but it takes much longer to get a pill into that form where it becomes an isotonic solution (natural state). with the isotonix supplements, they are in an isotonic form as soon as you drink them. wouldnt you rather take something that is into your blood stream and working within 10 minutes vs something that takes 4 hours if it at all?

It really doesn't matter how long it takes for the supplement to get into your blood stream. The half life of each vitamin/mineral is such that you have a pretty steady-state level in your tissues for all vitamins, assuming adequate daily intake. The idea that a powdered form is superior because it enters the blood stream more quickly is a cheap marketing gimmick.

It also doesn't matter if it is isotonic if you're taking it with food. As soon as it gets into the small intestine, your liver/gallbladder will make the whole solution isotonic anyway.

As far as bioavailability, it is true that binders used in pills may disrupt absorption, but that is true of the vitamins/minerals themselves as well - i.e., ions can chelate certain vitamins regardless of the use of binders. Again, that sounds like more of a marketing gimmick on the part of the Isotonix people.

research it. also, we cannot get the vitamins and nutrients we need from food. the quality just isnt there. supplementation is very important. talk to any nutritionist, they will recommend a multi vitamin.

The quality is definitely there in natural foods. I take a multivitamin daily on the off chance that I'm not getting a balanced diet, but realistically natural food sources are superior if you can get enough variety.

Users who are viewing this thread