Best option for '15-16 Automatic...

BoostedToy

Established Member
I'm still considering a Novi 2200 setup from Beefcake Racing as well. Those setups seem to work well and appear to be a very solid value. I've run TVS's on two vehicles before of 100,000 reliabile miles between them. The only thing that concerns me about a centrifugal is the longevity. I don't have any reason to not trust one as much, though, I only have about 10,000 miles between centrifugals I've owned. Each vehicle had gremlins, but none were the blower itself.

Any thoughts/insights on this?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Think I remember talking to you on the Corvette Forum... didn't you have a gorgeous Blue '08 Z06? I had a Red '08 Z06. Anyway, what boost level are you running to put down those #'s?
All the info ya'll can give is helpful, keep it coming!

Haha Yes, I had a jet stream blue 08, good memory! I'm using a 79mm pulley which is about 11psi. Let me know if I can help with any other questions, good luck!

BoostedToy

Established Member
Thank you Burnin4 and others. Also, can anyone speak to the long-term reliability of centrifugals (specifically, Paxton/Novi 2200)? I had a JT-trim on a Vette in the past but I had limited miles on it. Wow it sounded great though! I really enjoyed just driving down the road at 2800 in 2nd. It sounded like a jet turbine!

four28

Established Member
I had about 70k on my v3 setup before the car was totaled. I'm sure it would have kept working just fine. That said I'm planning a whipple on my 16.

Users who are viewing this thread